NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That's quite a crown for a game or 2 of production. 

Tua had 27 touchdowns in 23 games and has 7 touchdowns in two games, one of which against the Ravens.

Lawrence had 12 touchdowns in 17 games and had 3 in 2.

Daniel Jones had 11 touchdowns in 14 games and 10 touchdowns in 11 games the last two years.

These aren’t mediocre quarterbacks who suddenly turned good, these are quarterbacks who couldn’t find the end zone if they were standing in it looking sharp and like they belong in the NFL.

Don’t try your thing right now. They all look like completely different players. It’s as clear as literally anything, and the fact that none of them with the exception of Jones had a single game that looked half as good as either of their first two with competent head coaches I’ve lost the sentence and I’m not modifying it don’t be dense or daft, the difference is clear and you know it.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Daniel Jones is more proof that it’s not hard to find a franchise QB in this league if you have the right coach.

Jones, Tua, Lawrence… All of them went from busts to what do we have here with new coaches.

Rule changes make it SO much easier to have a franchise QB.

If you’re not an idiot team that takes a Rosen type in the top 16, and that QB should be a top 16 QB without the character/mental questions, you’re goin to have a franchise QB.

Jones, Tua, Lawrence went  #6, #5 and #1 overall

So I guess all a team needs to do is land a top 5 pick every 5th year and they'll be all set for success.

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Tua had 27 touchdowns in 23 games and has 7 touchdowns in two games, one of which against the Ravens.

Daniel Jones had 11 touchdowns in 14 games and 10 touchdowns in 11 games the last two years.

These aren’t mediocre quarterbacks who suddenly turned good, these are quarterbacks who couldn’t find the end zone if they were standing in it looking sharp and like they belong in the NFL.

Don’t try your thing right now. They all look like completely different players. It’s as clear as literally anything, and the fact that none of them with the exception of Jones had a single game that looked half as good as either of their first two with competent head coaches I’ve lost the sentence and I’m not modifying it don’t be dense or daft, the difference is clear and you know it.

How did Kirk Cousins look week 1 vs. week 2? Heck, Jalen Hurts looks like a franchise QB. With Tua and Jones you are confusing "probably serviceable" vs. capable of winning a Super Bowl. 

Lawrence might be a franchise QB. 

Where are you going to be 3 weeks from now when those guys are struggling? Are you saying the Giants and Dolphins are actually Super Bowl contenders?

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Sometimes good QB's are drafted and coached in a system that isn't a fit.  Maybe they have the right system now.