NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 hours ago, Scoremore said:

NFL is a brutal business.  Hope the dude catches on somewhere.  

Harold Landry blew up his ACLin a Titans practice. This is a year for them to extend a 5th or a blockbuster deal. Or if you want to look at a tougher situation, Tonyan about to go from undrafted money to a respectable  NFL second deal.  Those guys got it tough, but Summers is still in playing shape and can try to convince a team he’s good enough to play for them. I wish him well but he was always at the very fringe of our roster at a position we finally started caring about. 

Field Yates -  The 10 schools with the most players on 53-man rosters as Week 1 begins:

1. Alabama: 58 2.
2. LSU: 53
3. Ohio State: 51
4. Georgia: 43
5. Notre Dame: 35
6. Penn State: 34
7. Michigan: 33
T-8. Oklahoma: 32
T-8. Florida: 32
10. Iowa: 30

Edited by Leader

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This warms my heart to see the Bears as the 32nd rated him in the "Power Rankings!" I know these are meaningless, but the Bears roster is the worst in the NFL. 

Lions are going to finish second in the NFC North, mark it down!

NFL Power Rankings, Week 1: Eagles, Lions rising heading into 2022 season; Cowboys slipping

I don't think they're ranked 32. I got them around 24. Chicago might be a problem in a few years. They'll have 120 million in cap space next season. They now have good schemes on both defense and (offense) thanks to MLF. I would've never approved him going to a division rival even if it were the Bears. You essentially gave Chicago your offensive playbook. Field's rather we agree or not may turn out to be the best QB in that draft. I see a lot of Russell Wilson in his game with the legs of Lamar Jackson. Scary combo if he puts it together.

Don't know what's going on in Seattle. What the heck was Pete Carroll and Schneider thinking about not taking a QB higher in the draft. KP would've been the obvious choice for them and that's where I thought he would land. Starting another year with Geno Smith at QB # 1 should be a fireable offense. Thank God they didn't hire Schneider. The guy has been clueless since the legion of boom years.

Edited by St Vince

15 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I just don't see it with Fields. He has physical talent but no touch, accuracy, or pocket presence. Also I don't know that he can diagnose a defense. He might have been my least favorite QB in that class.

The weird thing is, I think someone could believe this and still think Fields could turn out alright.