NFL News & Notes

Leader

58 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

That's fine if they want to handle it that way, I just think the GM making a phone call to a Jordy, or Matthews is a simple way to curb a narrative that obviously people are discussing. I have no doubt coaches and so fourth reach out. I remember Guty acknowledging the communication wasn't always the best, so maybe it has already changed. I just think at the end of the day these guys are human. That being said I don't think Green Bay is evil to their players or anything.

At least GB isn’t charging players for meals…

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Might be worth a look… plus hey! Won’t screw up the comp picks.

New swervin' Ervin. Could fill the Cobb/Amari role MLF had envisioned. Coming off his best season, too.

Wouldn't be shocked if we're super interested in him, but no idea what his market is 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

New swervin' Ervin. Could fill the Cobb/Amari role MLF had envisioned. Coming off his best season, too.

Wouldn't be shocked if we're super interested in him, but no idea what his market is 

Wasn't this the guy that took a seat for Cole Beasley in the playoffs??

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wasn't this the guy that took a seat for Cole Beasley in the playoffs??

He's under thirty and has Gadget ability. And with Cobb gone we really don't have anyone more than Slot-Adjacent(Toure for example) on hand.

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

He's under thirty and has Gadget ability. And with Cobb gone we really don't have anyone more than Slot-Adjacent(Toure for example) on hand.

Probably would be cheap, too.

I see Watson being that gadget guy.  He was kindda great in that role last year.  

But...I also can see where time sharing that thing would be good, too.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Probably would be cheap, too.

I see Watson being that gadget guy.  He was kindda great in that role last year.  

But...I also can see where time sharing that thing would be good, too.

Watson was totally great in that role, but even greater once he showed he was dangerous downfield. And we'll be needing him to be a LOT more involved downfield this year compared to last. Think of McKenzie as the 'Changeup/Curveball' to Watson's 'Fastball'.

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Watson was totally great in that role, but even greater once he showed he was dangerous downfield. And we'll be needing him to be a LOT more involved downfield this year compared to last. Think of McKenzie as the 'Changeup/Curveball' to Watson's 'Fastball'.

LOL.  Sure.  I get that.

But I'll change it just a little.  This is a guy who was sat down in favor of Cole Beasley when the games meant the most.  He's more of a screwball than change up or curve!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

He’s just easily replaceable. He doesn’t have one quality that’s elite. 

I wouldn't go that far. One of the reasons his stats weren't as good last year was AR's lack of a desire to throw the middle of the field. Second you can't replace a 6'5" 230 WR that blocks as good as Lazard does. He's not elite, but not easily replaceable. He's a good player, and a great blocker. 

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  Sure.  I get that.

But I'll change it just a little.  This is a guy who was sat down in favor of Cole Beasley when the games meant the most.  He's more of a screwball than change up or curve!

He is 5'8" and 170 pounds so he will be discussed here to nausea. 

• Like 1