NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Let's not ignore the fact that he has been one of the most combative (without provocation), pretentious, and condescending pricks in this sub.  He jumps all over anyone who disagrees with him on anything or when anyone says something he disagrees with, and then if someone does the same to him he immediately plays the victim card.  It's not a matter of having a different opinion, it's acting like his opinion is fact and constantly being a condescending d-bag about it.  He's one of several like that in this sub and it's why a lot of people have no interest in engaging with him or others like him.

Not to take sides in any personal tiffs, but that has not been my experience with him at all.  I also tend to engage in different ways than most people here (or I am arrogant enough to think that I do).  The only people I outright dismiss are the ones that I feel are not arguing in good faith.  It doesn't matter if I agree or not, just give me a reason why you have a certain opinion, and it is cool with me.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not to take sides in any personal tiffs, but that has not been my experience with him at all.  I also tend to engage in different ways than most people here (or I am arrogant enough to think that I do).  The only people I outright dismiss are the ones that I feel are not arguing in good faith.  It doesn't matter if I agree or not, just give me a reason why you have a certain opinion, and it is cool with me.  

It's not a personal tiff, it's an observation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Let's not ignore the fact that he has been one of the most combative (without provocation), pretentious, and condescending pricks in this sub.  He jumps all over anyone who disagrees with him on anything or when anyone says something he disagrees with, and then if someone does the same to him he immediately plays the victim card.  It's not a matter of having a different opinion, it's acting like his opinion is fact and constantly being a condescending d-bag about it.  He's one of several like that in this sub and it's why a lot of people have no interest in engaging with him or others like him.

We're not going to talk about posters.  Feel free to put him on the ignore list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Hadn't heard this.....

Good. I lived in Denver for a decade and literally everybody who ever told me they had a personal interaction with him thought he was a giant POS. Like not even one positive testimonial. Everybody who worked for him hated him. Everybody from his biggest fans to his biggest haters that met him thought he was an Ahole. Seems like a genuinely awful person. Might be the most universally disliked person I can think of.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Good. I lived in Denver for a decade and literally everybody who ever told me they had a personal interaction with him thought he was a giant POS. Like not even one positive testimonial. Everybody who worked for him hated him. Everybody from his biggest fans to his biggest haters that met him thought he was an Ahole. Seems like a genuinely awful person. Might be the most universally disliked person I can think of.

Hmmmmm.....hadnt heard that either.

John Elway was considered the best quarterback in the 1983 draft and he made it clear that he didn't want to play for the Baltimore Colts. The Colts held the first-overall pick in the draft. Elway and his father wanted to play closer to the West Coast.

He's always been a diva.

5 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

When I lived in Denver back in the day, I used to work closely with the Denver Broncos Charities and I can confirm what you’ve heard. Total POS.

Edited by Sasquatch