NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Off the field he was a woman beater for 30 years. 

He organized many athletes who where not given the power to use their platform on social issues and made that platform stronger. 

I had heard about and read more on the domestic violence aspects. Many dismissed charges and his widow who is handling all of his post death legacy was with him til the end. None of that means he was not an abuser, but in the case of his wife being with him til the end, I’ll defer to her judgement on their marriage.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, PossibleCabbage said:

I think there was also some resentment about Adams being perceived as "he was only good because of his quarterback".  So if he does force his way out of Vegas to go to a contender, it's probably not going to be with that guy.  He just seems concerned that the Raiders do not appear to be a team seriously attempting to contend for a championship.

The Ringer did a nice piece on Adams this week and he was pretty open that the "he's only good because of Rodgers" criticisms bothered him some. 

On 5/17/2023 at 8:10 PM, Old Guy said:

Fantasy football quarterbacks are a lot different than the top 10 quarterbacks. Running QBs tend to score more points in fantasy. Fields, Watson and Tue are not in the top 10 by anybody who is serious about rankings of QBs.

I agree with what you're saying but I sure hope you aren't implying Tua is getting bumped up on those ratings bc of his running prowess. That dude don't run. That all being said, I don't think he's good either. But I'm guessing that guy really does.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I agree with what you're saying but I sure hope you aren't implying Tua is getting bumped up on those ratings bc of his running prowess. That dude don't run. That all being said, I don't think he's good either. But I'm guessing that guy really does.

He's getting bumped up because of his two WR's and their home run threat. 

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

He's getting bumped up because of his two WR's and their home run threat. 

The thing about the Tua ranking that gets me is that it completely ignores the real possibility that his career will be over with his next concussion.  That is true to some degree for all players, but at this point Tua is in a high-risk tier of his own.  There's no way Tua will be on my FFB roster unless he's sitting there as a late(ish) round QB2.  At that point he becomes pretty good value.

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sounds like he fumbles 28/27% of the time

Not quite.  But he has played 1552 snaps, and 28 fumbles over that stretch is 1.8% of snaps.  If we add his 21 INTs, that gives him a turnover on 3.15% of snaps.  Or he turns the ball over 1 time per 30 snaps.  And he turns the ball over 1.8 times per game in his career.  

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Trouble in paradise for Rodgers? Hahaha sounds like the jets aren’t the legendary franchise he claims…

Haven't we been accused of this recently? Wasn't that Zs thing?

1 minute ago, Norm said:

If it was Z… given his history currently I wouldn’t trust it.

Plus we have one of it not the most conservative training staff when it comes to injuries.

Z had is back and played limited snaps. The only other issues have been Bakh… but Rodgers pressured him to play in Detroit. Only high profile injuries I can think of recently.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Total head case .. good player for a year for GB and 1st part of last season for Vikings and then disappeared.  Have a beer and forget about it.