NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if you're Zach Wilson, you pretty much have to understand that the Jets aren't going to be interested in grooming you to be the long term answer at QB.  They'd just be sending you out to die in a lost season and you'd really just like to move on and try to rebuild your career in a better situation (like when Trubisky went to be the backup for the Steelers.)

Wilson hasn't played well, sure, but I'm sure he has legitimate criticisms about how the Jets have gone about their business around him.

The sad truth is that Wilson actually is their best option.

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if you're Zach Wilson, you pretty much have to understand that the Jets aren't going to be interested in grooming you to be the long term answer at QB.  They'd just be sending you out to die in a lost season and you'd really just like to move on and try to rebuild your career in a better situation (like when Trubisky went to be the backup for the Steelers.)

Wilson hasn't played well, sure, but I'm sure he has legitimate criticisms about how the Jets have gone about their business around him.

I agree with you, but not willing to play a position that many players would kill to have is pretty weak. I’m sure getting benched hurt his pride, but be a professional and try your best to help yourself and your teammates salvage something from the lost season. Unless he truly has injury issues he should get in the saddle. If he is out at season’s end it would still boost his stock a bit showing he has some maturity to roll with what’s best for the team. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I wouldn't ******* play if I was Wilson either. **** the Jets lol.

As I agree with you, tell me this...

What does Wilson have to gain by playing more this year?

Then tell me, what does he have to lose?

In my mind, he's already gone from there.  It isn't like a decent game here or there is going to increase his worth in free agency.

He's going to get a shot somewhere else on a low, low end contract regardless of how things happen now.

Reputation could take a hit, but let's be fair....it's already taken the hit.

Just now, vegas492 said:

In my mind, he's already gone from there.  It isn't like a decent game here or there is going to increase his worth in free agency.

He's going to get a shot somewhere else on a low, low end contract regardless of how things happen now.

He risks significant injury for no reason on a team that's given up on him multiple times now. He's in an abusive relationship with the New York Jets. No reason to go back to them again.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He risks significant injury for no reason on a team that's given up on him multiple times now. He's in an abusive relationship with the New York Jets. No reason to go back to them again.

Let's say that they release him...he loses game checks, right?

So he can lose a little here, financially.  That's about all the drawback that I see.

Someone will give him a chance to fight to be a backup, regardless of whether or not he plays again this year.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Agree totally.  FREE ZACH WILSON...Dude never had a chance there.  He has talent but no rookie QB put into that situation was going to succeed.  Packers should have asked to get him as a throw in.  

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't they have hotlines for reporting this kind of stuff? 

10 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Could Rodgers look at this cluster**** of an organization and ponder retirement?

Man I would.  As it stands now if he went in to play he wouldn't  last more than a few series before getting killed.  He'll play for them next year regardless.  If I was him I'd wait to see them fix that O-line before committing to play next season.  

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think having a reputation a QB who wasn't ready to play is far different than having a reputation as a QB who didn't want to play.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think having a reputation a QB who wasn't ready to play is far different than having a reputation as a QB who didn't want to play.

Like a front office's reputation after starting him, then sitting him for Boyle and Simien and then asking him to go back to QB1 after they stunk up the joint even worse???

I think most any agent could navigate that question in regards to their client looking to sign a contract to compete in camp for QB2 on a low end deal.