NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Who are you gunning for?

I really don't have a favorite team.  I just like watching Champions League because it's typically played at a high level.  More or less the same reason I watch the World Cup.

• Like 1

To me the 49ers are a bellweather team like the Cowboys of the early 90s. They were a marker of progress.

They have had a tendency of beating us fairly regularly when it mattered, the Cowboys in the early 90s and the 49ers now. In the 90s the Packers kept getting better until they were the better team in the mid 90s and (I hope) they are on the cusp of being good enough to beat the 49ers this year.

I can't say I hate the 49ers - they are a well run team. I like the Cowboys less because - Jerry Jones - America's team etc.

There was a time that it was the Bears other teams looked up to (circa 1985). Just imagine a Bears fan from that period being able to look into a crystal ball and see what the next almost 40 years had in store for them.......just how depressing would that be. Then, for comparison, that fan then looks at the Packers record from then to now - and the tears start to fall.

I've been a Packer fan from late 1988 (coming up to 35 years now), back even before they had NFL Europe teams like the London Monarchs and the Rhein Fire. In all that time I have never seen a sustained period of the Packers being really poor, just the odd blip for an otherwise consistently good franchise.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Not entirely impressive for a GOAT

And yet he has by far the most passing yards in the league over the past 2 years.

All this tells me is defenses are playing him differently and he is becoming Bradyesque in his ability to take whatever the defense gives him. Scary to think he could be even better in his 30s.

• Like 4