NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Couldnt work that one out?

The only NFL franchise in Baltimore.

I thought it was Baltimore but wasn't sure. Maybe it was a person's name that was shortened to BLT like LVN.

What's preventing you from just saying Ravens?

Just now, squire12 said:

wonder how many teams after being contacted by Jones agent said they weren't interested in him at that price?

Kind of a shame.  I have to assume Jones/Rosenhous had his value pegged somewhere in the 8M+ range, or 7M for multiple years.

4 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Rosenhaus got his client 1 million more dollars than the “50 percent paycut from 12 million” the Packers wanted to pay him.

Im bummed because Packers could've  given him that deal. With all your WRs making crumbs they could've gave Jones an extra million. You let a good player, leader, and culture guy go to your rival for pocket change by NFL standards.

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Im bummed because Packers could've  given him that deal. With all your WRs making crumbs they could've gave Jones an extra million. You let a good player, leader, and culture guy go to your rival for pocket change by NFL standards.

If GB was offering the reported 6M and Jones balked, I find it unlikely that Jones would have taken 7M from GB without testing the market.  If Jones was willing to return on a 7M deal, I think it's very likely that Jones/GB would have met in the middle, and Jones would now be a Packer on a 6.5M deal.

• Like 2

As soon the Packers agreed a deal with Jacobs there was no way back in for Jones. We have financially committed to someone else and Jones could not just turn around after testing the market and say "yeah the deal you offered me is fine".

Extremely harsh reality of the NFL. I'm sure if he had it his way he would still be with us.

I'm sure he turned down the Packers offer knowing that this could happen. I'm sure his agent fully explained the risks to him.

I do have to admit I'm surprise he could only muster up a 1 year deal especially with the way he performed towards the latter end of the season. Vikings, Cowboys and Texans could've been used to drive up a minor bidding war.

When is the last time GB got it wrong when deciding to move on from an aging player?  Maybe Z-Smith, but I think that was more about the medicals, and him being a bit of a nut.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Andy Herman -  Yep. My quick breakdown:

1. Gute & GB got the Jones valuation basically spot on. Whether it’s the right move or not we will see, be but Gute is not a villain here.

2. Jones has every right to play where he wants to play & given the choice I believe he would have preferred to be the guy in GB. Jones to me is not the villain here.

3. So who is the villain? Nobody. This is just business. And Packers fans should be used to this more than any other fans in the world.

The losers in this deal:

1. Packers fans. Another kick to the **** to see an all time favorite Packer in purple and yellow

2. The Vikings. Minnesota is not on a Super Bowl timeline. Please keep spending money on one year mercenaries while Sam Darnold is your QB.

3. Aaron Jones’ chances of winning- Listen, he has every right to go to wherever he wants, get the most money, and be a starter. But Minnesota isn’t in a spot to win anything right now. And that sucks for Jones.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

You have to refuse the GB deal BEFORE you test the market.

It may be Jones expected a lot more and it wasn't on offer. Bottom line is you cannot just put together the supposed $6m the Packers might have been offering and the deal he finally got and make the conclusion the Packers could have got Jones for $1m more. For all you know the Packers might have offered $8m and been rejected.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Living in NC I'm feeling with my Panthers friends. That organization is a complete ****show.

I am starting to really hate the Panthers.  More or less give the 9ers CMC.  More or less give the Bears Caleb Williams.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Aaron Jones has tweeted a couple of times and deleting his messages apparently. Not sure what he means with the blue hats.

That’s “cap” which means he’s saying the Demo article is full of lies 

15 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Living in NC I'm feeling with my Panthers friends. That organization is a complete ****show.

Burns:  5 for 150M with 87.5M guaranteed.  AAV: 30M

Gary:  4 for 96M with 34.6M guaranteed.  AAV:  24M

We thought the Gary deal was pretty good at the time.  It looks even better now.

• Like 3