NFL News & Notes

Leader

I know Pat Mac gets under some people’s skin especially after his association with the Jets’ QB, but he does have some ST knowledge as does coulda been a Packers Coach Rizzi while they discuss new kick off rules here. 

Edited by Refugee

8 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

They'll save about 20 million in cap space giving them about 27 million. 

People here tell me the cap isn’t real. You can always find money. They gave away an all-pro CB. 

If that is all Snead is worth, who much would Ja fetch? Not advocating for trading him, but during season many thought a couple of 1st or at least a 1st and 2nd. 

9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Chiefs traded Sneed to the Titans for a 3rd in 2025  and a 7th round pick swap this year. Seems kind of cheap for an all-pro CB. This according to Schefter.

Big difference is he's only under contract for 1 year.  You're pretty much only giving up what the Titans would get if he walked as a FA a year from now, which would be roughly a 3rd round compensatory pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Big difference is he's only under contract for 1 year.  You're pretty much only giving up what the Titans would get if he walked as a FA a year from now, which would be roughly a 3rd round compensatory pick.

What was the point for KC to even tag him if all they were getting was the 3rd round comp pick, they would have gotten in the first place? 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

What was the point for KC to even tag him if all they were getting was the 3rd round comp pick, they would have gotten in the first place? 

I'm sure Kansas City probably expected a bigger trade market.  Hell, I'd argue that they got more than they would have gotten if they let him walk since the compensatory picks come in after the natural picks.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sure Kansas City probably expected a bigger trade market.  Hell, I'd argue that they got more than they would have gotten if they let him walk since the compensatory picks come in after the natural picks.

There is actually no argument there, they did. Higher pick in round 7 this year and a higher 3rd next year. Look what we got for Adams two years ago after we tagged him. 

I can't believe they couldn't have gotten more for Snead. The compensation seems incredibly low for him. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

There is actually no argument there, they did. Higher pick in round 7 this year and a higher 3rd next year. Look what we got for Adams two years ago after we tagged him. 

I can't believe they couldn't have gotten more for Snead. The compensation seems incredibly low for him. 

As I mentioned, I think the Chiefs probably thought his market would be more robust.  Secondly, I think Las Vegas got desperate when they traded for Adams.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

People here tell me the cap isn’t real. You can always find money. They gave away an all-pro CB. 

If that is all Snead is worth, who much would Ja fetch? Not advocating for trading him, but during season many thought a couple of 1st or at least a 1st and 2nd. 

For sure they could've kept Sneed. They just had the basic funds needed tied up in him with the franchise tags. The moneys there. Always will be.

Gotta look deeper than that.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

For sure they could've kept Sneed. They just had the basic funds needed tied up in him with the franchise tags. The moneys there. Always will be.

Gotta look deeper than that.

KC's CB McDuffie is really, really good. He got a lot of snaps in multiple coverages and IMO made Snead expendable more than anything.

• Like 1