NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Maybe I watch too many weird crime stories, but... what if the DV is a cover for we were killing him and he fought back, we disposed of the evidence and then reported a battery and him fleeing?

richard-riehle.jpg

44 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Everything I've read is that the Giants are in the quarterback market. 

That's the chatter.....but we'll see.

The Daniel Jones contract was always viewed as a two year deal because the Giants could get out of it relatively painlessly after two years. Well...year one disappeared due to a knee injury...and I personally think they can do better than Jones....but who knows what any of these teams are up to at this stage.

NY could be setting themselves up as a target team or draft slot for a team looking to move up and snag one of the 4-6 level QBs.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's the chatter.....but we'll see.

The Daniel Jones contract was always viewed as a two year deal because the Giants could get out of it relatively painlessly after two years. Well...year one disappeared due to a knee injury...and I personally think they can do better than Jones....but who knows what any of these teams are up to at this stage.

NY could be setting themselves up as a target team or draft slot for a team looking to move up and snag one of the 4-6 level QBs.

Those QB's are going to be over drafted. The panic is going to be glorious. I hope all six of them get drafted in the top 10. Additional players drop to us at 25. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You need more than two CBs in today's NFL. McDuffie has two more years on his rookie contract. If the GM thinks McDuffie made his other All-Pro CB expendable, he's not that smart. I know the GM is smarter than that. Having one CB does not make the other one expendable on any planet. 

They must have a lot of confidence in the other guys on the roster who are unproven to the average fan. 

The Chiefs like Joshua Williams and Jaylen Watson, both who will be going into their 3rd year. Jaylen Watson was basically a starting corner for them, he is a big long corner that can play on an island and match up well with most wideouts. Williams who stood out more as a rookie is more in the Sneed mold, a physical guy who can fly around; he played solid when Sneed or Mcduffie were injured. They won a Superbowl in 22-23 with these guys playing 35-40% of the snaps as rookies.

The Chiefs have a decent track record with developing corners as well as getting rid of corners who play well and are up for a contract. I assume they bring in a mid round pick or maybe a veteran. I would also assume currently they feel like they can plug a lot of guys into their defense and it will still perform well due to scheme and other factors. 

I don't think too many people would questions whether Veach was smart or not based off his track record.  I would trust him on this one; Sneed is a good player but not a guy I would want to give nearly 20 million a year too especially when they have other expensive players. 

Edited by Victor1124

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Maybe I watch too many weird crime stories, but... what if the DV is a cover for we were killing him and he fought back, we disposed of the evidence and then reported a battery and him fleeing?

Dave confirmed as film noir novelist

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Everyone in the Shanahan & McVay tree is hanging out with each other. Nice to see.

Morris, Shanahan, O'Connell, Daniels, LaFleur, McVay.

MacDonald and Pierce isn't part of the group but they're young head coaches it makes sense they hang out with them.

Not sure why Saleh is all the way over the opposite side. Maybe he hates LaFleur now because of Rodgers. 🤣

On 3/23/2024 at 6:04 PM, wgbeethree said:

richard-riehle.jpg

I see you didn't want to jump to conclusions here...

On 3/23/2024 at 7:23 PM, Victor1124 said:

The Chiefs have a decent track record with developing corners as well as getting rid of corners who play well and are up for a contract. I assume they bring in a mid round pick or maybe a veteran. I would also assume currently they feel like they can plug a lot of guys into their defense and it will still perform well due to scheme and other factors. 

They've already brought in Kelvin Joseph as a veteran so I suspect you'll see someone relatively early on Day 3 provided they do make a selection there based on their board.