NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

KC's CB McDuffie is really, really good. He got a lot of snaps in multiple coverages and IMO made Snead expendable more than anything.

You need more than two CBs in today's NFL. McDuffie has two more years on his rookie contract. If the GM thinks McDuffie made his other All-Pro CB expendable, he's not that smart. I know the GM is smarter than that. Having one CB does not make the other one expendable on any planet. 

They must have a lot of confidence in the other guys on the roster who are unproven to the average fan. 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

As I mentioned, I think the Chiefs probably thought his market would be more robust.  Secondly, I think Las Vegas got desperate when they traded for Adams.

They dont know how to use leverage like the top execs in the league (e.g. joe douglas and woody johnson!)

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

They dont know how to use leverage like the top execs in the league (e.g. joe douglas and woody johnson!)

If they were all as good as Douglas and Johnson, then nobody would be good or bad.  That stupid Chiefs GM sure does wish he was in Douglas' shoes!

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This dude has been hiding from the police for over two weeks. Innocent until proven guilty, but this is very odd. Have to wonder if anybody knows where he is and if he's OK. 

Lions release Cameron Sutton amid police search for CB - ESPN

Maybe I watch too many weird crime stories, but... what if the DV is a cover for we were killing him and he fought back, we disposed of the evidence and then reported a battery and him fleeing?

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Maybe I watch too many weird crime stories, but... what if the DV is a cover for we were killing him and he fought back, we disposed of the evidence and then reported a battery and him fleeing?

Weird thought but what is a DV? 

Figured it out, domestic violence. 

The mystery is Lions cutting him, apparently without hearing Sutton's side of the story or if it is indeed true. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

You need more than two CBs in today's NFL. McDuffie has two more years on his rookie contract. If the GM thinks McDuffie made his other All-Pro CB expendable, he's not that smart. I know the GM is smarter than that. Having one CB does not make the other one expendable on any planet. 

They must have a lot of confidence in the other guys on the roster who are unproven to the average fan. 

It seems pretty clear they didnt want the contract.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Cops don’t need to cover up killing black ppl. They do it out in the open, often caught on video and more often than not they get away with it. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This is why CB is as equal of a need for us as S. Stokes is an injury bust at this point and we will need to find his replacement. This is why Jarrian Jones makes a lot of sense for us. Do I like him 1st round like someone suggested earlier? No, but I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger a bit early in the 2nd round. Rakestraw is also in play for us IMO.

2 hours ago, Rosser80 said:

This is why CB is as equal of a need for us as S. Stokes is an injury bust at this point and we will need to find his replacement. This is why Jarrian Jones makes a lot of sense for us. Do I like him 1st round like someone suggested earlier? No, but I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger a bit early in the 2nd round. Rakestraw is also in play for us IMO.

Tampa and/or Melton.   Profit

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This is the only thing that makes sense.