NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

There are reports this may have had something to do with the patch Saleh wore on his sweatshirt in London. I believe the alleged patch may have also violated NFL rules. It may also have struck very personally with Johnson. 

No idea if the reports are accurate but this is really a drastic move IMO. Not sure the dude deserved to be fired based on what he's been up against since he got there. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

There are reports this may have had something to do with the patch Saleh wore on his sweatshirt in London. I believe the alleged patch may have also violated NFL rules. It may also have struck very personally with Johnson. 

No idea if the reports are accurate but this is really a drastic move IMO. Not sure the dude deserved to be fired based on what he's been up against since he got there. 

He got fired for wearing a patch???

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not going to get into the details here. Search it up on the internet. It might bring some clarify. I'm not saying that was the only reason but when you find out what was on the patch it may help piece it together. 

I'm certain his relationship with Rodgers played into it as well other factors. 

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

He wore a Lebanese flag  patch as that is his heritage. Plenty of players wore other patches. Aaron Jones wore a German flag, as he was an army brat living there for a while. Current political events will mean people will try to spin anything but this was about the lockeroom and relationships with management/ownership. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

He wore a Lebanese flag  patch as that is his heritage. Plenty of players wore other patches. Aaron Jones wore a German flag, as he was an army brat living there for a while. Current political events will mean people will try to spin anything but this was about the lockeroom and relationships with management/ownership. 

Is Johnson Jewish?

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

He was also 16 games below .500.  I know "Aaron Rodgers bad," but let's not pretend this is the Dolphins firing Don Shula in 1973 or something.  We like Saleh because he has been associated with good defenses, is good friends with Matt Lafleur, and we needed a DC.  Some guys just aren't the HC.  

The only thing I question is why did they wait until about a quarter into the season to do this? As shown earlier, the records for teams that fire a coach in-season have all been pretty poor.  And you have a QB room with an average age of 37.5, why are you tossing the season?  

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The only thing I question is why did they wait until about a quarter into the season to do this? As shown earlier, the records for teams that fire a coach in-season have all been pretty poor.  And you have a QB room with an average age of 37.5, why are you tossing the season?  

The records for teams that are bad generally stay bad whether they fire their HC or not.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The records for teams that are bad generally stay bad whether they fire their HC or not.  

They actually have a shot to turn it around with their schedule but yeah,  not exactly a surprise teams dysfunctional enough to fire a HC in season don’t go on to win it all. 

49 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He was also 16 games below .500.  I know "Aaron Rodgers bad," but let's not pretend this is the Dolphins firing Don Shula in 1973 or something.  We like Saleh because he has been associated with good defenses, is good friends with Matt Lafleur, and we needed a DC.  Some guys just aren't the HC.  

Context matters! Zach Wilson started or played a lot in 30 of those games. Some dude named White started a bunch of them as well. There was not a time when he had a competent quarterback under center for more than 3 snaps until this year. This year, Rodgers has played like ****. Rodgers had to have his buddy as his OC, who is a joke. 

His defenses were always in the top 10, but yeah, it's his fault the teams sucked for 3+ years. 

The guy who probably should have been fired was Joe Douglass. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Those have long since been confirmed to be false reports.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The guy who probably should have been fired was Joe Douglass

This seems to be a classic case of a room full of idiots looking around knowing something is wrong, seeing the only competent person stand out like a sore thumb, and figuring that must be the problem. 

• Like 4