NFL News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

RB Kareem Hunt is suspended 8 games for violations to the personal conduct policy.

I wish the Packers would have taken that gamble ... just about the time that Aaron Jones goes down to injury Kareem Hunt would have been ready to step right in.  I'm thinking it's almost a given the Packers will draft a back in the first three rounds.  Hopefully they can find a really good all around back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wish the Packers would have taken that gamble ... just about the time that Aaron Jones goes down to injury Kareem Hunt would have been ready to step right in.  I'm thinking it's almost a given the Packers will draft a back in the first three rounds.  Hopefully they can find a really good all around back.

Kind of a poor draft class for RB's.  

I like the Penn State Kid,  Miles Sanders.  Round 3 or 4 sounds about right for him.

I like Montgomery, too, round 3 or 4.  Pretty good vision and balance.  I didn't see the top end speed there, or the quick burst.  Still, he would be a productive back.

And I'm with you regarding GB finding another RB.  I think they can do better than Williams.  Honestly, put 15 pounds on him and make him the fullback.

• Like 1

That's not the first time Ive seen Williams being mentioned as a potential fullback. Why are you trying to ruin him? xD

I just don't see it. He is far too long limbed and lean to play that role. Fullbacks tend to be much more squattier and thicker built.

Just now, Chili said:

That's not the first time Ive seen Williams being mentioned as a potential fullback. Why are you trying to ruin him? xD

I did this in Madden and it was fun having a really fast fullback, but I didn't think in a million years people would think it's actually a viable/realistic option. 

3 hours ago, Chili said:

I just don't see it. He is far too long limbed and lean to play that role. Fullbacks tend to be much more squattier and thicker built.

I see it because he can pass protect, he does run with great power.  Agree on the long limbed thing and fullbacks being more compact.  That's why I'd try to get 15 pounds on him and see if he can play at that weight.  He'd be a weapon at FB.  Probably won't happen, but fun to speculate.

12 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Not only would I stop rooting for the Packers if that POS ever donned the green and gold, I would actively root against them every time he suited up.

Let's maybe wait to see what happened before we start a witch hunt

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I mean the guy pleaded guilt to strangulation of his pregnant girlfriend. 

I think we found the witch already.

Of course, but there has been no incidents in the last 4 years, he has done counselling and programs and the team has helped him. I'm not always in the boat that people deserve second chances, but if someone owns up to something and tries to better themselves, I will support them. I'll wait to see what the police find. If he did it, shoot him to the Sun