NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

What the.... seriously? 

That's when happens when you miss out on all the big name FA WRs. They really wanted Landry and Moncrief. They were interested in Robinson. Now you end up overpaying for others. The Ravens wanted to fix their WR corps and it still looks pretty average to me. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

For teams who finish under 9 wins a season. 

If they can win 13 with Case Keenum - I dont see how Cousins is gonna drop that number down to 9 - with essentially the same team.

Are they playing a monster schedule this year versus last? Even still. Cousins will do them just fine IMO.

As a Viking hater, I’d love nothing more than to dismiss this signing as foolish.  While I think Cousins and Keenum are somewhat similar, I do think this signing makes Minny a very formidable threat again this year.  Will definitely keep the folks at 1265 on their toes - no time for complacency.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

If they can win 13 with Case Keenum - I dont see how Cousins is gonna drop that number down to 9 - with essentially the same team.

Are they playing a monster schedule this year versus last? Even still. Cousins will do them just fine IMO.

They overachieved, let's not pretend that didn't happen.  Case Keenum was better than Kirk Cousins last year.

Just now, CWood21 said:

They overachieved, let's not pretend that didn't happen.  Case Keenum was better than Kirk Cousins last year.

He was. Case probably had a career year - which makes sense.

I just dont think Cousins is too steep a drop off and when he gets to play with the toys that made for Case's career year........well, we'll see what happens.

Just now, Leader said:

Vikings are a momentum team.  They have been since the minute Zimmer took over.  If they don't get kicked in the mouth, they'll be right back in the Super Bowl hunt.  People forget the Vikings started this season 2-2.  Win over the Saints when the Saints defense still sucked.  Ugly loss against the Steelers.  Win against the Buccaneers when the Buccaneers realized they weren't ****.  Loss to the Lions before the Lions turned to ****. 

Then what happens?  They get the Bears, win by 3.  They knock Rodgers out of the game and beat Hundley.  Offense-less Ravens.  Winless Browns.  Failing Redskins.  Inexperienced Rams.  Lions.  They get kicked in the mouth again against the Panthers, but it's okay because the Bengals and then Hundley to the rescue. 

If the Vikings get two good teams in a row next year to kick them in the mouth, they will fall apart.  You can take that as a Horizon guarantee.  They were cruising against the Eagles with an EASY TD to start the game.  It was 7-0, and then?  Keenum threw a pick six.  The offense got a kick in the mouth.  They unravled faster than a roll of toilet paper after a six course meal of Taco Bell washed down by laxatives. 

In 2016 they had an esay first 6 games except for the Packers, but no team was beating the Vikings in that atmosphere to open up that stadium.  We still lost by only 3.  Philadelphia kicks them in the mouth.  Surprise upset against the Bears.  Lions with a walkoff touchdown to win in overtime.  Redskins beat them.  They win three more games that year.

The Vikings are a momentum team that has not, does not and will not handle adversity well.  They just signed a QB who has not, does not and will not handle adversity well. 

The 2018 Vikings could go 15-1 heading into the playoffs, or they could go 6-10 and wonder what the hell happened. 

This is one area where McCarthy is an underrated coach.  There were years we had no business getting to the playoffs even with Rodgers, and yet our team fought, and they fought hard.  Even this year with Hundley.  Who expected that Packers/Steelers game to be fun? 

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Vikings are a momentum team.  They have been since the minute Zimmer took over.  If they don't get kicked in the mouth, they'll be right back in the Super Bowl hunt.  People forget the Vikings started this season 2-2.  Win over the Saints when the Saints defense still sucked.  Ugly loss against the Steelers.  Win against the Buccaneers when the Buccaneers realized they weren't ****.  Loss to the Lions before the Lions turned to ****. 

Then what happens?  They get the Bears, win by 3.  They knock Rodgers out of the game and beat Hundley.  Offense-less Ravens.  Winless Browns.  Failing Redskins.  Inexperienced Rams.  Lions.  They get kicked in the mouth again against the Panthers, but it's okay because the Bengals and then Hundley to the rescue. 

If the Vikings get two good teams in a row next year to kick them in the mouth, they will fall apart.  You can take that as a Horizon guarantee.  They were cruising against the Eagles with an EASY TD to start the game.  It was 7-0, and then?  Keenum threw a pick six.  The offense got a kick in the mouth.  They unravled faster than a roll of toilet paper after a six course meal of Taco Bell washed down by laxatives. 

In 2016 they had an esay first 6 games except for the Packers, but no team was beating the Vikings in that atmosphere to open up that stadium.  We still lost by only 3.  Philadelphia kicks them in the mouth.  Surprise upset against the Bears.  Lions with a walkoff touchdown to win in overtime.  Redskins beat them.  They win three more games that year.

The Vikings are a momentum team that has not, does not and will not handle adversity well.  They just signed a QB who has not, does not and will not handle adversity well. 

The 2018 Vikings could go 15-1 heading into the playoffs, or they could go 6-10 and wonder what the hell happened. 

This is one area where McCarthy is an underrated coach.  There were years we had no business getting to the playoffs even with Rodgers, and yet our team fought, and they fought hard.  Even this year with Hundley.  Who expected that Packers/Steelers game to be fun? 

Decent post, glad i wasn't drinking my coffee when i read the Taco Bell toilet paper portion:) Dam funny.

• Like 1