NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 9/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, incognito_man said:

Find myself rooting for Oakland.

A close friend of mine is a Raiders fan and I often said we would adopt him short term as he hasn't had much to cheer for. But having teams like the Raiders and Bills playing well is good for the NFL. Heck it would be great if a number of franchises would show up on Sundays. Me I found myself cheering for the raiders in both their game. I hope we pound them into the sand when we play them next month though:)

NY Post: It appears as though legendary Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri will be sticking around.

Speculation that the four-time Super Bowl winner would retire brewed over the weekend after Vinatieri missed two kicks in Indianapolis’ win over the Titans, following three misses in Week 1. After the Week 2 victory, Vinatieri made some comments to reporters, stirring up the idea that the 47-year-old could be calling it quits amid his 24th NFL season.

Colts head coach Frank Reich, however, put those rumors to bed on Monday: “Adam is our kicker,” Reich said on a conference call. “We have zero concern. He’s not only our kicker, he’s a key leader on our team.”

The Colts coach told reporters that the three-time Pro Bowler would kick for the team Sunday in its home opener against the Falcons. Reich referred to Vinatieri, who has been battling a knee injury since the middle of training camp, as an “instrumental leader” on the team.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Could you imagine that?  There is no way in hell I would keep the first and second overall picks though.  One would be bound to bust.

I was just thinking to myself. Do you really want that? Having 3 first rounders in one year just seems like too much almost lol

I wonder if there's weird ramifications if you pick at 1 and 2 and the guy you took second wants to understand why he didn't go 1 haha