NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sheil Kapadia: Top 10 players through two weeks in terms of percentage of pass-rush snaps producing a sack or QBH...

1. Myles Garrett
2. Cam Wake
3. Sam Hubbard
4. Matt Judon
5. Shaq Barrett
6. Brian Burns
7. Marcus Davenport
8. Trey Hendrickson
9. Pernell McPhee
10. Ryan Kerrigan

• Ross Uglem:   Yeah.... turns out Brian Burns is good.

I had to go look who Cam Wake played for lol. Dude's up there in years these days too.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sheil Kapadia: Top 10 players through two weeks in terms of percentage of pass-rush snaps producing a sack or QBH...

1. Myles Garrett
2. Cam Wake
3. Sam Hubbard
4. Matt Judon
5. Shaq Barrett
6. Brian Burns
7. Marcus Davenport
8. Trey Hendrickson
9. Pernell McPhee
10. Ryan Kerrigan

• Ross Uglem:   Yeah.... turns out Brian Burns is good.

Liked him in 2018. I had him above Harold Landry who he was often compared with at the time, because i liked his physicality. He went to the Saints at #14. The Packers could have had him if they wanted but famously traded back, then back up to #18 and got Alexander. Can't say I'm unhappy with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Liked him in 2018. I had him above Harold Landry who he was often compared with at the time, because i liked his physicality. He went to the Saints at #14. The Packers could have had him if they wanted but famously traded back, then back up to #18 and got Alexander. Can't say I'm unhappy with that.

I liked Davenport, too.  And I do kind of follow him.

I was watching a Saints game...maybe it was week one.  Announcers were really down on him.  Even rolled out the "b" word.

Looks like they were wrong, or he had a heckuva second game.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I was watching a Saints game...maybe it was week one.  Announcers were really down on him.  Even rolled out the "b" word.

Or Sheil Kapadia just doesn't have enough data to really come up with an accurate stat after only two weeks.  Brian Burns (who I loved) has 5 tackles and 1 sack in two games for the 0-2 Panthers.  So far....he's no Smith brother.:P

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

Look at the rest of the names on that list.  They're all old as hell or not all that great.  Barrett was a free agent, Hubbard is like a 4th round pick, Trey Hendrickson I've never even heard of and McPhee is **** old.  Two of them are on the Ravens. 

Could it be this list is a mixture of some great players, some great secondaries and some great schemes? 

Because there are a hell of a lot of great pass rushers nowhere on that list...

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at the rest of the names on that list.  They're all old as hell or not all that great.  Barrett was a free agent, Hubbard is like a 4th round pick, Trey Hendrickson I've never even heard of and McPhee is **** old.  Two of them are on the Ravens. 

Could it be this list is a mixture of some great players, some great secondaries and some great schemes? 

2 games is probably the only thing here that matters.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah sample size is just way too small to tell. It is like Alexander being 53 rated cb. Need some time, it's like those batting averages after the first week of MLB and a few guys are over .400 by now they are back where they belong at .225. I really would take all the worst personal stats though for a great defense year over year, who cares so long as you're winning games.