NFL News & Notes

Leader

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at the rest of the names on that list.  They're all old as hell or not all that great.  Barrett was a free agent, Hubbard is like a 4th round pick, Trey Hendrickson I've never even heard of and McPhee is **** old.  Two of them are on the Ravens. 

Could it be this list is a mixture of some great players, some great secondaries and some great schemes? 

Because there are a hell of a lot of great pass rushers nowhere on that list...

Since I watched that Saints game, I know who Trey Hendrickson is.  He's a defensive end who was jumping the snap count.  I couldn't believe he wasn't getting called.  He was getting off so early that the tackle would give up figuring a flag had to be coming.  It was odd to see.  That being said, no flags came out and he had a monster game.  He's not fast, not overly strong.  Looked very mediocre, just had that snap count timed perfectly!

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah sample size is just way too small to tell. It is like Alexander being 53 rated cb. Need some time, it's like those batting averages after the first week of MLB and a few guys are over .400 by now they are back where they belong at .225. I really would take all the worst personal stats though for a great defense year over year, who cares so long as you're winning games.

So, if you are being fair to Alexander...he's given up catches and a TD.  He's dropped INT's.  Plural.

I feel like he's had some bad luck.  He's competed on most every ball out there.  Couple guys made great plays and he dropped his INT chances.

Here is a quick down and dirty explanation from PFF itself...  I feel, strongly, that those Alexander numbers flip if he knocks down the Diggs TD and holds onto one of his INTS.  Probably talking about a top guy here.

It’s important to understand that PFF is not grading talent in these numbers, rather strictly performance on the field. Talented players can have bad games, runs, or even seasons, and often players without nearly as much talent can put together impressive play on the field. We are not necessarily telling you who the best players are. Our rankings are more of a performance evaluation, and a reflection of how efficiently a player made plays in the time he was on the field.

We all need to recognize that Alexander made a bad play on the ball on that play but that wasn’t his guy in coverage. King got beat on that play, Alexander flew over from the other side to put himself in position to make a play that wasn’t his responsibility but failed to execute. 

• Like 1

Ben Fennell:

Most 3rd Down Sacks Allowed...

GB/MIA - 5
HST - 4

6 teams have yet to allow a 3rd down sack - ARI, BAL, DET, JAX, MIN, SF

<Yeah, yeah, yeah.....I know, we played against two top DL's. Let's hope this trend doesnt continue cause AR *will* get hurt>

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

We all need to recognize that Alexander made a bad play on the ball on that play but that wasn’t his guy in coverage. King got beat on that play, Alexander flew over from the other side to put himself in position to make a play that wasn’t his responsibility but failed to execute. 

I'm not trolling here but apparently the sun was in Alexander's eyes when he went up to pick that ball... Would explain why a player with great ball skills would misjudge a ball in the air like that. 

9 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm not trolling here but apparently the sun was in Alexander's eyes when he went up to pick that ball... Would explain why a player with great ball skills would misjudge a ball in the air like that. 

He gets to use that excuse once - consider it used.  Diggs had no trouble looking back into the "sun" to see the ball.  I'm not faulting Alexander by the way - he really did make an effort to thwart the play and support King over the top.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

He gets to use that excuse once - consider it used.  Diggs had no trouble looking back into the "sun" to see the ball.  I'm not faulting Alexander by the way - he really did make an effort to thwart the play and support King over the top.

I'm not into helioseismoligy or anything but at the speed he was going, the angle and height he was tracking the ball at, it could be possible. 

Nonetheless, it was outstanding effort like you stated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm not into helioseismoligy or anything but at the speed he was going, the angle and height he was tracking the ball at, it could be possible. 

Nonetheless, it was outstanding effort like you stated. 

You might be on to something.  Diggs was looking over his right shoulder to make the catch, while Alexander was coming in hot from the right side and was looking over his left should, I believe.  That would put the two players at different angles/aspects relative to the sun.

That, and there may have been a brief sunbreak at the exact moment Alexander looked up, cuz wasn't it a cloudy day up there in the Bay of Green?

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

You might be on to something.  Diggs was looking over his right shoulder to make the catch, while Alexander was coming in hot from the right side and was looking over his left should, I believe.  That would put the two players at different angles/aspects relative to the sun.

That, and there may have been a brief sunbreak at the exact moment Alexander looked up, cuz wasn't it a cloudy day up there in the Bay of Green?

Great. God hates us.