NFL News & Notes

Leader

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Scopes, absolutely. Tommy John, Delhomme for like 18 months. Otherwise no

Has it gone public which BB is having? Being out all season, you'd have to figure it'll be more than a scope.

Delhomme....hardly a gunslinger but any remembrance of how he played afterwards?
Baseball pitchers get TJ surgery as a rite of passage nowadays.....but chucking a football's a bit different than a baseball.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Has it gone public which BB is having? Being out all season, you'd have to figure it'll be more than a scope.

Delhomme....hardly a gunslinger but any remembrance of how he played afterwards?
Baseball pitchers get TJ surgery as a rite of passage nowadays.....but chucking a football's a bit different than a baseball.

It's a UCL tear. Almost guaranteed to be TJ surgery.

Delhomme pretty much turned into a game manager from what I remember, but that was a long time ago.

I'm also not the biggest baseball guy in the world, but I thought TJ surgery was still ending a fair number of careers. 

Also, Roethlisberger is 37. No guarantee that's gonna heal quick or right.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Delhomme pretty much turned into a game manager from what I remember, but that was a long time ago.

I'm also not the biggest baseball guy in the world, but I thought TJ surgery was still ending a fair number of careers. 

Okay. Thanks for the info.

I dont know the stats on baseball pitchers....but I seem to recall more pitchers that are still throwing than hearing of those who's career its ended - which may have something to do with improvements in the procedure. A lot of them seem to get the procedure done.

A NYY pitcher (Jordan Montgomery) just pitched yesterday (or the day before...) - first time back since the knife -- and DiDi Gregorious (SS) came back mid-season after having the surgery. I think its safe to say it doesnt end as many careers as it used to - but again, thats baseball and your throwing a smaller, lighter object.

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Didn’t Suter from the Brewers just spend a year on the shelf? That and he’s a lot younger too. BB is not a spring chicken anymore.  

I get why Dez is unemployed this year, but why did it take until like October for a team to bring him in last year? Same with Nick Perry, you're telling me there aren't 20 teams in the league where he's a better 3rd rusher than whatever college FA they have?

This is why the Patriots always win, cause they need depth for injuries in season and they have a nice pool of average vets to always pull from that other teams would rather try and develop some kid from Prairie View A&M rather than giving a guy like Perry 3m to be their backup.

Dez is totally washed now but last year guy should've easily been in a camp with someone, probably doesn't tear his achilles and might still be playing decent ball.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dez is big mad. He's unemployed and his career is basically over. He has nothing better to do than get mad at a journalist who said MVS would be better than him cuz he knows it's true. 

and he's not even saying MVS is "better", but just that it wouldn't make sense to bring in an old dude to steal reps from the young guys.

i love throwing out a "****head" though, probably the second best insult imo 

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I get why Dez is unemployed this year, but why did it take until like October for a team to bring him in last year? Same with Nick Perry, you're telling me there aren't 20 teams in the league where he's a better 3rd rusher than whatever college FA they have?

This is why the Patriots always win, cause they need depth for injuries in season and they have a nice pool of average vets to always pull from that other teams would rather try and develop some kid from Prairie View A&M rather than giving a guy like Perry 3m to be their backup.

Dez is totally washed now but last year guy should've easily been in a camp with someone, probably doesn't tear his achilles and might still be playing decent ball.

I think most of that is on the players, not teams. Dez still thinks he'd be "the guy". If you are going to bring in a vet, they have to be ok with that role or it doesn't work.