NFL News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

A lot of teams in need of a QB on this list. I think you could add a few more teams to the list as well. Going to be interesting. 

2022 NFL Draft order: Giants, Jaguars, Jets moving up in top 10

yup.......theres gonna be some climbers too.  All eyes on Carson Strong's knee.  If it checks out, watch out........skys the limit

19 hours ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Russell Wilson wants to play at least 10 more years, then own an NFL team.

If I said I wanted to play in the NFL for the next 10 years and then own an NFL team, I don't think my percent chance of accomplishing those goals (0.0%) is much less than Wilson's

1 minute ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Former Raiders WR Henry Ruggs must return to court on Monday after missing a court-order alcohol test over the weekend.

Is this kid really this dumb! Does he have any idea the **** storm coming his way? 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

If I said I wanted to play in the NFL for the next 10 years and then own an NFL team, I don't think my percent chance of accomplishing those goals (0.0%) is much less than Wilson's

I don't know his wife has a ****load of money too. It could happen but it is also likely very doubtful. I think the playing 10 more years is less likely than the ownership. That could come in the form of an ownership group. His legs will give out before the 10 years are up and he's toast after that. 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Walter Payton wanted to own a franchise as well....If he couldn't, I doubt RW will either....

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don't know his wife has a ****load of money too. It could happen but it is also likely very doubtful. I think the playing 10 more years is less likely than the ownership. That could come in the form of an ownership group. His legs will give out before the 10 years are up and he's toast after that. 

Minority share ownership is a very likely pathway for Wilson.  He never said anything about being an outright owner.  He has plenty of money to get involved in ownership at some level.

Kevin Seifert -  It is almost like NFL Officiating has doubled down what Payton termed its over-officiating on taunting. Look at the trend of flags:

Weeks 1-2: 11
Weeks 3-7: 8
Weeks 8-10: 16

Very unusual for a point of emphasis to accelerate at mid season. Usually the opposite.

Among other things, the recent surge has brought the 2021 season even with 2004 for the most taunting flags through Week 10 since at least 2000. (35) The 2004 season finished with 53. Next-highest for a full season is 38, in 2016.