NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Very curious to see what the outcome of this is. I'm assuming Brown is dead *** guilty, if not, apologies.

Desantis just signed into law yesterday a (unconstitutional) law that would make the punishment, for any kind of mask mandate in Florida by a private business that offers extensive testing, to be a 50k fine per employee. Is the NFL gonna sign on as part of the lawsuit to get an emergency injunction to stop the law?

Do they simply suspend his *** for the remainder of the season for submitting the fake card?

Is their punishment of him limited to the 50k as negotiated in the NFLPA agreement?

Do they bury the team in retaliation for this? Say, a $2 million dollar fine and loss of draft picks?

Do they try and get an exemption to the law? Would the Desantis administration be amicable to that? Probably not.

Please enlighten me as to what Governor DeSantis did that is Unconstitutional? I'll wait, below is what the bill actually says. The idea that 'any kind of mask mandate is against the law,' other than in public schools is patently false. What the law actually says and does is protect Floridians and anyone visiting Florida from businesses or local governments from infringing on the individuals rights. 

Finally, it puts the parents back in charge of their children, not big brother. Which is a major step in the right direction, so kudos to Governor DeSantis. 

DeSantis signs bills on barring vaccine mandates | WUWF 

The main bill (HB 1B) allows Florida private-sector workers to avoid vaccination requirements if they provide medical reasons, religious reasons or can demonstrate “COVID-19 immunity.” Also, they can be exempt if they agree to regular COVID-19 testing or agree to wear personal protective equipment. Employers could face fines up to $50,000 per violation if they don’t properly follow the law.

The bill also bars government agencies from requiring workers to be vaccinated. In addition, it reinforces a law known as the “Parents’ Bill of Rights” to ban student mask and vaccination requirements in public schools.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Now find out Brady did the same thing, which will lead to the revelation that he has been using PEDs for the past ten years. Belichick and Mac Jones win 5 of the next 10 Super Bowls.

Brady becomes an NFL pariah, nobody calls him GOAT anymore. Thousands of internet forum users start scrubbing their post history and turn to modern day Peters.

Didn't you cheer for the Patriots?

"I always knew it was Belichick"

Didn't you have six Tom Brady jerseys?"

"I never called the man GOAT."

Didn't you become a Buccaneers fan suddenly?

"I never rooted for Brady!"

Then Outpost31 wakes up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Please enlighten me as to what Governor DeSantis did that is Unconstitutional? I'll wait, below is what the bill actually says. The idea that 'any kind of mask mandate is against the law,' other than in public schools is patently false. What the law actually says and does is protect Floridians and anyone visiting Florida from businesses or local governments from infringing on the individuals rights. 

Finally, it puts the parents back in charge of their children, not big brother. Which is a major step in the right direction, so kudos to Governor DeSantis. 

DeSantis signs bills on barring vaccine mandates | WUWF 

The main bill (HB 1B) allows Florida private-sector workers to avoid vaccination requirements if they provide medical reasons, religious reasons or can demonstrate “COVID-19 immunity.” Also, they can be exempt if they agree to regular COVID-19 testing or agree to wear personal protective equipment. Employers could face fines up to $50,000 per violation if they don’t properly follow the law.

The bill also bars government agencies from requiring workers to be vaccinated. In addition, it reinforces a law known as the “Parents’ Bill of Rights” to ban student mask and vaccination requirements in public schools.

I'm not going to do this with you. We've already established you're perfectly willing to reject reality and substitute in your own incorrect information. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not going to do this with you. We've already established you're perfectly willing to reject reality and substitute in your own incorrect information. 

I was getting pleasantly accustomed to not having to read his stupidity on ignore. Then I got suckered into reading a quote :(

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I did.

I implore everyone not to.  Just imagine a horrible domestic violence scene in your head.

Then multiply it by 10 and make sure you include a young baby and a cat.

I didn't watch the whole thing.  I saw him throw her on the ground, and that was enough, I didn't need to see any more.  

To me, this is worse than Joe Mixon, or Ray Rice.  In those instances there was at least some instigation.  In this video, she was just sitting on the couch and he comes in to chew bubble gum and kick ***.  

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Former NFL RB Zac Stacy is arrested and charged with two felonies arising from the disturbing video that emerged on Thursday.

Where did they get the video? Was it a home security camera?

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I didn't watch the whole thing.  I saw him throw her on the ground, and that was enough, I didn't need to see any more.  

To me, this is worse than Joe Mixon, or Ray Rice.  In those instances there was at least some instigation.  In this video, she was just sitting on the couch and he comes in to chew bubble gum and kick ***.  

...and he was all out of bubble gum.

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So to steer the AB thing away from politics...  Why would he get a fake card anyway? He can just say he is unvaccinated and be done with it.  Is there something I am missing other than Antonio Brown is crazy and does what ever Antonio Brown wants to do?

Just my guess here, based on absolutely no evidence.

AB probably owed him money.  He likes to hire services and then not pay.

So, this is the guy's way of flipping AB off for not paying him for services.

Yah, AB still has a screw loose.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Just my guess here, based on absolutely no evidence.

AB probably owed him money.  He likes to hire services and then not pay.

So, this is the guy's way of flipping AB off for not paying him for services.

Yah, AB still has a screw loose.

He did owe the guy money. The initial post made about this included a snippet from the newspaper story:  The guy who ratted AB out was his personal chef and AB was stiffing him on 10K. After failing to get the cash thru AB and/or his agent - he went public with the story.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I was getting pleasantly accustomed to not having to read his stupidity on ignore. Then I got suckered into reading a quote :(

I have no pony in this fight but how is it you can continually call people out like this without any consequence. Stop being a Gruden.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Correct, one of us is doing that, suggest you go find a mirror. I quoted actual facts about the bill. The bill actually allows for the NFL protocols that are in place as it regards to unvaccinated players. Now, forgery of a document, I think the NFL will be justified in any punishment handed out. 

Do you understand The Constitution was written to protect the individual from the Government and not the other way around? It goes to great lengths to spell out the freedoms of the individuals and places limitations on the government. No mention of, 'the greater good!'

Here is the ACTUAL bill. 

_h0001Ber.docx (flsenate.gov) 

Have a nice day! 

Edited by Old Guy