NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Again. Nothing I said wasnt widely supported. No personal opinion (or echo chamber) involved.

You didn't even look at the link/study. You do not want to see anything that may alter your belief, thus 'echo chamber!'

Again, have a great day! This wash, rinse and repeat over vaccinations is way too exhausting to do again. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

You didn't even look at the link/study. You do not want to see anything that may alter your belief, thus 'echo chamber!' Again, have a great day! This wash, rinse and repeat over vaccinations is way too exhausting to do again.

LOL :) You sure do like to comment about things you dont like to comment about - if only to comment how much you hate to comment about it Ha! A very reluctant poster who never fails to post! LOL

• Like 1

@Old Guy is an example of the most dangerous type of person to human progress/evolution. Dumb enough to believe obvious misinformation and unjustifiably confident enough to tell others that THEY didn't do the research.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/oct/19/facebook-posts/claim-covid-19-uk-ignores-data-showing-death-more-/

Literally 3 seconds to find this.

I've discovered that by ignoring people like him you don't lose any useful football insight and you don't see the mind-wrenching stupidity. Now if I could just get the rest of you to ignore the ilk like this ;)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

@Old Guy is an example of the most dangerous type of person to human progress/evolution. Dumb enough to believe obvious misinformation and unjustifiably confident enough to tell others that THEY didn't do the research.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/oct/19/facebook-posts/claim-covid-19-uk-ignores-data-showing-death-more-/

I've discovered that by ignoring people like him you don't lose any useful football insight and you don't see the mind-wrenching stupidity. Now if I could just get the rest of you to ignore the ilk like this ;)

Yep .. tired of the flat out bull**** misinformation.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You used facebook as your fact checker! 😂 That is funny. You also ignored 8 - 10 links of news organizations who wrote articles about this report on your way to your facebook link. 

Don't ask yourself why facebook would censor this report. 

Edited by Old Guy

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I hate the ignore feature.  But, recently activated it.  Not because of covid or this discussion.

But it does make reading this site much, much easier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I hate the ignore feature.  But, recently activated it.  Not because of covid or this discussion.

But it does make reading this site much, much easier.

How does the ignore feature work? I haven’t really thought it would come down to using it but there have been too many threads going off of the rails.

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

How does the ignore feature work? I haven’t really thought it would come down to using it but there have been too many threads going off of the rails.

It wasn't easy to find.  Like I think you have to go to your profile and looked at "ignored users", then add to that list.

But...to be fair, this is something that maybe @Packerraymond or @CWood21 could discuss on a thread.

It may help all of us and keep some threads with good football content open.

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Just now, vegas492 said:

It wasn't easy to find.  Like I think you have to go to your profile and looked at "ignored users", then add to that list.

But...to be fair, this is something that maybe @Packerraymond or @CWood21 could discuss on a thread.

It may help all of us and keep some threads with good football content open.

Yah, it is under your profile and "manage ignored users".

For me, it is like just taking a timeout from posters who tend to get under your skin.  No doubt I'll remove users from it in the future.  But it is really helping me right now.  I recommend it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You used facebook as your fact checker! 😂 That is funny. You also ignored 8 - 10 links of news organizations who wrote articles about this report on your way to your facebook link. 

Don't ask yourself why facebook would censor this report. 

I don’t want to get deep into this but it is a misrepresentation between raw numbers of deaths and rate of deaths between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. What you are staying as fact is a lack of understanding of the statistics. The UK has a very high vaccination rate, that population is much larger than unvaccinated, the raw numbers showing the deaths of breakthrough cases/deaths will inherently be higher. The smaller population of unvaccinated people are dying at a much higher rate. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/scicheck-why-its-easy-to-misinterpret-numbers-of-deaths-among-the-vaccinated/

I don’t think this is an appropriate place to debate or even share info about this topic but spreading misinformation about something so deadly is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t want to get deep into this but it is a misrepresentation between raw numbers of deaths and rate of deaths between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. What you are staying as fact is a lack of understanding of the statistics. The UK has a very high vaccination rate, that population is much larger than unvaccinated, the raw numbers showing the deaths of breakthrough cases/deaths will inherently be higher. The smaller population of unvaccinated people are dying at a much higher rate. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/scicheck-why-its-easy-to-misinterpret-numbers-of-deaths-among-the-vaccinated/

I don’t think this is an appropriate place to debate or even share info about this topic but spreading misinformation about something so deadly is wrong. 

Please go back and read my original post or two to Leader. I mentioned all of those things in bold as factors. I never suggested the % of people who are vaccinated vs. unvaccinated was equal, which of course would skew the numbers. This is NOT what I'm saying, this is what the UK report said. I just want to make that clear.