NFL News & Notes

Leader

53 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

But, we didn't.  He was long gone.

He's a damn good WR, but he is NOT a game changer.  Otherwise he wouldn't be on a losing team. His QB has great stats this year too, it's a mirage.

To me, he's every bit as good as Moss, and maybe even better.  Jefferson runs all the routes.  But both were/are special players.

It just kind of shows you how important a stud WR really is to a team.  Nice to have, for sure.  But not really something that wins games on it's own.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

To me, he's every bit as good as Moss, and maybe even better.  Jefferson runs all the routes.  But both were/are special players.

It just kind of shows you how important a stud WR really is to a team.  Nice to have, for sure.  But not really something that wins games on it's own.

Well, we'll just disagree on this.  He couldn't carry Moss's jock strap (and I hate Moss).  He wasn't even the best WR on his college team.  His team's record since he's been a part of it is 12-16.  He gets away with a little push-off move and racks up a lot of stats in garbage time or playing the Lions (same thing?)  He's good, I'll give you that, but the accolades going his way are unearned IMO.  I think he falls under 'damn lies and statistics'.  Jaire will eat his lunch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Seahawks Pro Bowl S Jamal Adams tore his labrum and suffered additional significant shoulder damage in Sunday’s win, sources say. He’s having season-ending surgery to repair it all. Same shoulder as last year, with surgery a necessity. Adams will make a full recovery for 2022.

Man, pretty glad Schneider never ended up GM of GB. He has made some pretty bad trades.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Dude, how old were you when moss played? JJ is damn good, but Moss was on a different level. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Well, we'll just disagree on this.  He couldn't carry Moss's jock strap (and I hate Moss).  He wasn't even the best WR on his college team.  His team's record since he's been a part of it is 12-16.  He gets away with a little push-off move and racks up a lot of stats in garbage time or playing the Lions (same thing?)  He's good, I'll give you that, but the accolades going his way are unearned IMO.  I think he falls under 'damn lies and statistics'.  Jaire will eat his lunch.

Jefferson isn't Moss but this is going too far. Moss was on plenty of losing teams. WR's cannot carry teams, and the Vikings losing 7 close games has nothing to do with Jefferson not being good enough. He's not anywhere near a garbage time guy. He's a bonafide elite WR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Dude, how old were you when moss played? JJ is damn good, but Moss was on a different level. 

I dunno.  Maybe mid 20's to late 20's?

Moss was on a different level because he could run fast and high point catches.  He had the most unreal straight line speed ever.  But he didn't run many routes out side of a go and stop.  He never blocked.

Jefferson runs every route out there, smoothly.  He doesn't "win" like Moss with straight line speed.  He's different.  He's technical.

In looking at both of their first two seasons, Moss had 2726 yards through 32 games.  

Jefferson has 2609 through 28 games.

Moss had more TD's though.

Moss is one of the best and most dominant receivers of all-time. It's silly to put any second-year player in his category.

That said, JJ has had a historically great start to his career. If he keeps it up for a few more years, then maybe we can revisit this and it won't seem so silly. On the other hand, he could turn into Odell Beckham.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Moss was on a different level because he could run fast and high point catches.  He had the most unreal straight line speed ever.  But he didn't run many routes out side of a go and stop.  He never blocked.

Jefferson runs every route out there, smoothly.  He doesn't "win" like Moss with straight line speed.  He's different.  He's technical.

In looking at both of their first two seasons, Moss had 2726 yards through 32 games.  

Jefferson is the most complete WR, Moss is the more dominant . 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Probably goes without saying that you can't just compare stats straight up as the passing game has chnaged significantly since 1998 and Moss was splitting targets with a HOFer in Carter and jake Reed

• Like 1