NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I watch very little CFB outside of channel flipping and an occasional UW bowl game hungover on New Year’s Day. I saw JT trying his best one year vs. Ohio St, running for his life, catching passes and generally being a one man show for his offense. I really wanted to see him in GB.

He’s a great RB and a good dude.  He’s in the running for league MVP as well.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Not my fantasy team falling apart for christmas, again.

It’s gonna cost me also.  My bench was already thin at WR, so losing Godwin is a kick in the nuts for me.  But hoping my loss is GB’s gain down the line in the playoffs.  Would shed any tears if Tampa loses Fournette and Evans for some games either.

• Like 1

Adam Schefter -   It’s not just Chris Godwin: Bucs’ DL Patrick O'Connor, a core special teams player, suffered a season-ending knee injury Sunday night vs. the Saints, per source. Doctors believe he tore his PCL and partial MCL, but he is getting more medical opinions.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He was playing on the franchise tag too, right?

Which is exactly why DA will not be happy to sign a tag. It is definitely a tool that management has over the players but if you have a disgruntled star, that also has ripple effects. 

26 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  NFLPA never seems to be concerned about getting rid of the tag when negotiating new CBA's, so I no longer feel that bad for the players that get burned after signing it.

Kid is only 25 years old. He's still going to see a payday. May have to take a little less this contract or have to play on a one-year deal. Not sure who is giving him a one-year deal for 5 or 6 games though.