Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I am not a hardcore Twins fan but obviously enjoyed the season they're coming off of. Are people really counting on Buxton next year? Frankly, I think it is time to move on.

In 9 professional seasons he's played in;

75%-100% of the games (121.5-162 games): 1x
50%-75% of the games (81-121.5): 4x
<50% of the games (<81): 4x

670 career games out of a possible 1,458 or 45.9% of the games. I am not questioning Buxton's talent, he's a heck of a player when he's healthy. It just seems like he rarely is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I am not a hardcore Twins fan but obviously enjoyed the season they're coming off of. Are people really counting on Buxton next year? Frankly, I think it is time to move on.

In 9 professional seasons he's played in;

75%-100% of the games (121.5-162 games): 1x
50%-75% of the games (81-121.5): 4x
<50% of the games (<81): 4x

670 career games out of a possible 1,458 or 45.9% of the games. I am not questioning Buxton's talent, he's a heck of a player when he's healthy. It just seems like he rarely is.

I’d personally trade him for starting pitching. Hope that you can get a team to bite on his “potential when healthy.” if you keep him, you have to assume that he’s going to miss more than he plays and plan accordingly. His contract is an albatross if he plays as little as he has. But if he plays a full healthy season, he’s a bargain. He’s the most maddening player in baseball.  

• Like 1

You don’t think that every other team knows that he can’t stay healthy? He’s got a no trade clause through 2026, and his contract isn’t hampering the twins. There is no way that the Twins would get starting pitching back for Buck.

They either need to ride it out and take what they can get or release him. I do not see a team giving up anything of value PLUS I’m sure the twins would have to eat some of that contract.

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You don’t think that every other team knows that he can’t stay healthy? He’s got a no trade clause through 2026, and his contract isn’t hampering the twins. There is no way that the Twins would get starting pitching back for Buck.

They either need to ride it out and take what they can get or release him. I do not see a team giving up anything of value PLUS I’m sure the twins would have to eat some of that contract.

I didn’t know he had a NTC. I feel confident a team would give up something for him. It likely wouldn’t be much, but teams always love gambling on potential. If they had to eat some of the contract, it’s better than paying it all if he’s in the trainer’s room. Again, I’m just saying what I would look to do. I don’t think the Twins front office is going to do anything. They’re going to let him rehab through the offseason and hope next year’s the year he stays healthy.