Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

The Gophers football team will play a home-and-home series with North Carolina, the school announced Wednesday.

Minnesota will travel to Chapel Hill, N.C. on Sept. 16, 2023, and will host the Tar Heels at TCF Bank Stadium in their presumptive season opener on Aug. 29 or 31, 2024.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/25/gophers-football-to-play-north-carolina-in-2023-and-2024/

I can't imagine them wanting to back out of it this time around.  I love the games against mid-size Power 5 schools.  

Twins, thankfully, have removed Hughes from the rotation. A pretty high prospect in the system is up, Fernando Romero has taken his place in the rotation today and is actually keeping a fairly tough Toronto Line-up in check (though they are missing some pieces today). But keeping track on-line, it looks like he has some nice stuff, and he can strike people out which is nice, and throws hard, harder than Berrios.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins, thankfully, have removed Hughes from the rotation. A pretty high prospect in the system is up, Fernando Romero has taken his place in the rotation today and is actually keeping a fairly tough Toronto Line-up in check (though they are missing some pieces today). But keeping track on-line, it looks like he has some nice stuff, and he can strike people out which is nice, and throws hard, harder than Berrios.

Saw him pitch for the Lookouts last year. He also dominated that game.

• Like 1

Yeah, listening to 1500 ESPN, apparently he was working on his change-up this off season and worked with Fernando Rodney on that pitch. I hope he sticks around up here for most of the season. With how poor the Twins are doing right now if they come back, it's going to be because Buxton gets healthy as does Sano and then young pitchers stepping up like Romero.

That's true, when Santana is ready he'll probably move back down, unless someone else is injured by then. I have to say that even if Santana doesn't come back quickly, if the bullpen can shape up to what it should be, the Twins can turn this around pretty quickly.

Sounds like the Wild are going to be hiring Paul Fenton (Nashville AGM and has run their drafts for about the last decade) as their GM - the cap is actually expected to rise about $5M (thank you Vegas) and we are looking at around $12.5M in cap space at the moment. 

We will probably buy out Ennis (save 2.5M this year but cost $1.2M next year), and need to re-sign Zucker and Dumba. I would not be surprised to see one of Coyle, Brodin, Niederreiter trades this offseason. We signed a Swedish defensemen and one of our higher end offensive prospects (who will be in the AHL)... it’s going to take some internal improvement from the young guys barring the new GM pulling a miracle. 

Edited by rpmwr19

Twins with a good series win against the White Sox. The White Sox aren't that good, but they can put up some runs and the Twins bullpen has been pretty terrible. But they were solid in this series, and they Twins actually started hitting, especially Rosario.

Twins on a 4 game winning streak. The Twins got into St. Louis and their hotel around 7:30, 5 hours later (Monday morning around 1 something) the Cardinals wrapped up their game. So the Twins might have been a bit more rested. Still, another nice start by Romero, 6 innings and 9 K's. I know he'll likely be sent down when Santana comes back and that there isn't anyone else that it would make sense to send down since Berrios and Gibson have both pitched well generally. 

Rosario has been on fire as of late, I almost dropped him last week in fantasy baseball, but I'm glad that I didn't. I really think we're seeing the real Twins now, and the issue before was that chunk of time with playing a game or two in over a week because of weather. That really screwed things up for this team. At most the Twins should play 1 series at home before April 15th.

Twins are well on their way to win 5 in a row. St. Louis has some injuries, but is a solid team, and the Twins hit Carlos Martinez pretty well, and Rosario has scored 3 more runs today. And Escobar with another HR today, between him and Rosario, the Twins have been hitting the ball well, even if the rest of the line-up has just been meh.