Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Charlie Coyle Career Playoff Stats

Games Played: 43

Goals: 7

Assists: 8

Plus/Minus: -14

Penalty Minutes: 18

Mikko Koivu Career Playoff Stats

Games Played: 53

Goals: 11

Assists: 17

Plus/Minus: -16

Penalty Minutes: 30

Garbage. Throw both of them away. Just repulsive players.

The fact that the Wild players allowed Morrissey to skate off the ice tells you all you need to know about the mentality with which this team plays. Embarrassing. 

This roster needs to be wiped clean, and started over. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I hate Chuck Fletcher. Guy can't build a winning playoff hockey team to save his life. Finally get to the playoffs without the Blackhawks in our way and we're going to get knocked out the 1st round by the Jets.

I don't disagree, but losing Suter was huge, and then we lost Parise.

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I hate Chuck Fletcher. Guy can't build a winning playoff hockey team to save his life. Finally get to the playoffs without the Blackhawks in our way and we're going to get knocked out the 1st round by the Jets.

That is one way that the Wild are exactly like the North Stars.  :D

6 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The fact that the Wild players allowed Morrissey to skate off the ice tells you all you need to know about the mentality with which this team plays. Embarrassing.

Unbelievable that no one responded. Can't believe it wasn't called, we'll see what comes from the disciplinary hearing. Not going to be much consolation. 

1 hour ago, byuvike88 said:

Man what an embarrassing effort by the Wolves tonight

I stopped watching late in the 2nd to watch a DVR'd show, figuring to reassess where we were at when I was done. When I flipped back, we were down 20 and I was glad I made the decision.

14 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

The Jets are no slouch. You sound as if we were favored in this series. 

I dont care what they are. 2 years ago they were one of these worst teams in Hockey. The Wild are 4-15 in the last 19 playoff games. Fletcher is a joke and needs to go.

• Like 1

Twins with a win last night, late last night. I saw the Encarnacion HR, was in bed when Sano hit his HR to tie it up again, and didn't see the final until this morning. It's nice to have the Twins actually playing baseball. I love the outdoor stadium and wouldn't trade it for a dome or retractable roof, but MLB actually has to be smart about how they schedule so we don't get a repeat of this year. Nice to have Rosario score the winning run in Puerto Rico, and Berrios pitch really well. Don't get why Molitor took him out so early, was only partly watching at that point in time.

41 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins with a win last night, late last night. I saw the Encarnacion HR, was in bed when Sano hit his HR to tie it up again, and didn't see the final until this morning. It's nice to have the Twins actually playing baseball. I love the outdoor stadium and wouldn't trade it for a dome or retractable roof, but MLB actually has to be smart about how they schedule so we don't get a repeat of this year. Nice to have Rosario score the winning run in Puerto Rico, and Berrios pitch really well. Don't get why Molitor took him out so early, was only partly watching at that point in time.

Berrios has been lights out 2 times through the opposing team's lineups,  and he always seems to struggle when he faces guys that 3rd time. He did have the 1 CG, but other than that, the 7th and on has been his Achilles heel.

That hasn't really played out that way yet this season. First time through order: .139 average, second time .171 average and third time,  .130. Now that's obviously going to be less at bats, but only about 10 less than the other two. I suspect it was more to do with the amount of time off between starts than anything.