Conference Championship Week Mock. 2 Rounds 1 trade

zappa13004

Just now, Zithers2 said:

Would cry tears of joy if Carolina managed to get Ridley.

Not a fan of Harrison in the second but whatever, doesn't matter, we got Ridley.

I like Ridley. And with Norv Turner and his Coryell type of offense, Ridley would be a nice add. 

8 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Thanks for infos.

For now and despite Coughlin habits i do not rule out Josh Allen as Bortles will be back next season to show if he is capable of being "clean" all year so unless a major opportunity i guess they wont sign anyone through FA. We'll see Allen next week in Mobile, maybe...

i wasnt impressed by allen in youtube clips. good size and athleticism but man hes so innacurate.  

15 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Great. I mean, sure you can reply the way you want ! But i really prefer when it is this way, explaining your thought. thank you.

The Oline is important especially considering Palmer's retirement and we don't know for now who will be under center so my thought was to improve your Oline which isn't very strong on the interior thinking than David Johnson is your #1 offensive option for now (respect for Fitz of course but..). That was the idea behind this pick. But sure there will be good players to take instead of a lineman. I do not like Lamar Jackson ! So sorry to put him to your team, i just think he will be selected by one team and probably in the 2nd as he has some talents, but like you i do not like him and like you i would not like to have my team selecting him (Jags).

Sorry first response was out of shock. Now to your point on the Oline. Yes David Johnson is our best weapon and Fitz right behind him, After that there isn’t much. So yes Oline is important and wouldn’t be the worst pick, but we need to surround whoever’s under center with weapons to work with. Oline needs to be a priority as well. 

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Even though I'm not a big fan of Jones, you hit two positions of need.

I like his explosiveness, not a speedster but quick. Comp' can't be perfect but watching USC playing i thought about Jamaal Charles in his style of play. Is it Jones or his profile ? I mean youd prefer a bigger back ? Do you think Martin will be back ? He has a contract through 20 and i find no news about a possible cut without dead money, what can you say to me about ?

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i wasnt impressed by allen in youtube clips. good size and athleticism but man hes so innacurate.  

I watched his bowl game last year and two games this season. He sometimes over throws and makes some others mistakes too but he has size and build to take the hits, a big arm, he is athletic and i saw him throwing some impressive balls in tight windows. It is not about "hype" but he really has tools to work with. He is used to play under center too. We'll see in Mobile what he can do. i see some of Bortles traits on him (like size, build, inconsistency) but in a more talented way. 

5 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I like his explosiveness, not a speedster but quick. Comp' can't be perfect but watching USC playing i thought about Jamaal Charles in his style of play. Is it Jones or his profile ? I mean youd prefer a bigger back ? Do you think Martin will be back ? He has a contract through 20 and i find no news about a possible cut without dead money, what can you say to me about ?

Oh, no. Dougie is gone. He lost his guaranteed money when he got suspended. He's due $6.75M, I believe. No way he gets it.

I'm not claiming to have watched a ton of Jones. But I did catch a few games. He seemed to be sprinting as soon as he got the ball, which I didn't really like. Like a Madden player that holds R2 as soon as he gets the handoff. You don't have to have the patience of Le'Veon Bell that everyone loves to talk about. But I feel like Jones' running style is gonna create a lot of boom or bust type of runs.

Archived