Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

Splatoon 2 is great in this regard considering matches are only 3 minutes long (outside of the co-op Horde mode).

That's why I'm having a lot of fun with Mario Kart too. I mean, I've played Mario Kart a lot before, but it's fun to have a game where you can play for three to five minutes and actually finish something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

That's why I'm having a lot of fun with Mario Kart too. I mean, I've played Mario Kart a lot before, but it's fun to have a game where you can play for three to five minutes and actually finish something. 

Zeldas been killing me. Not a game you can pick up for 15 minutes and actually really do anything.

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Zeldas been killing me. Not a game you can pick up for 15 minutes and actually really do anything.

Eh, you kind of can. More so than previous games in the series, at least. You can hopefully find a shrine or a korok seed or explore a bit of a new area. The game is just so big and packed with things to see and do that it feels like you're not accomplishing a whole lot. 

On 4/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, Lions017 said:

Eh, you kind of can. More so than previous games in the series, at least. You can hopefully find a shrine or a korok seed or explore a bit of a new area. The game is just so big and packed with things to see and do that it feels like you're not accomplishing a whole lot. 

Yeah that’s why I’m struggling to get into this as well.

19 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:
On 4/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, Lions017 said:

Yeah that’s why I’m struggling to get into this as well.

Definitely need a fair amount of free time to get through it. I will say it is easier to get through the main stuff imo than the previous Zelda games just because of the shrines and mini temples. Having to run through temples for the 3rd time because you couldn't get through them in one sitting was my biggest issue with Zelda when I was growing up

What shape do you guys see the Virtual Console taking when it finally drops? I see a lot of people suggesting that it'll be part of Nintendo's online service, perhaps as a Netflix-esque system where you can download X number of games at once. I wouldn't mind that, I suppose, as long as there was a decent selection. I just really hope that Nintendo doesn't trickle out just a couple of games each month. Drop a bunch of them right away. There are a lot of SNES/N64 or even GCN games that I missed and would be willing to drop some money on. 

Anyone else find their paid online service stupid? You only get the games for a month? Getting a free retro game every month even if they weren't like the best NES games would be awesome but I don't even have enough time to play the games I bought for $60.00. What good does having Mario 3 for a month do me? Its like they do things differently from Microsoft and Sony just to be different. 

Loving Zelda so far JBURGE, appreciate the persistent praise. *SPOILERS* I just received my paraglider from the King and am venturing to my next mission. On the way there are additional shrines, the first one I couldn't solve but wasn't given a new skill to start like the others. In the earlier stages of the game is there potential you don't have skills to complete certain shrines? 

1 hour ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Loving Zelda so far JBURGE, appreciate the persistent praise. *SPOILERS* I just received my paraglider from the King and am venturing to my next mission. On the way there are additional shrines, the first one I couldn't solve but wasn't given a new skill to start like the others. In the earlier stages of the game is there potential you don't have skills to complete certain shrines? 

Nope. 

You can complete them in any order. They all pretty much use the same four skills that you already have. Some might need arrows or a torch, but they'll usually provide those too. A few are combat-related and might have enemies that are too strong for you to fight right now, but any puzzles can generally be solved with the bombs/freeze/stasis/magnet skills. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, Spartacus said:

Anyone else find their paid online service stupid? You only get the games for a month? Getting a free retro game every month even if they weren't like the best NES games would be awesome but I don't even have enough time to play the games I bought for $60.00. What good does having Mario 3 for a month do me? Its like they do things differently from Microsoft and Sony just to be different. 

Word is they ditched that idea for a more "Netflix" styled VC. As long as you are paying you will get unlimited access to the content. I'll see if I can find the article.

14 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Word is they ditched that idea for a more "Netflix" styled VC. As long as you are paying you will get unlimited access to the content. I'll see if I can find the article.

God I hope so. The original idea is beyond stupid. 

23 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Nope. 

You can complete them in any order. They all pretty much use the same four skills that you already have. Some might need arrows or a torch, but they'll usually provide those too. A few are combat-related and might have enemies that are too strong for you to fight right now, but any puzzles can generally be solved with the bombs/freeze/stasis/magnet skills. 

Welp, now I'm embarrassed. Latest one had my brain in a pretzel. Time to go back to that shrine and figure it out! 

45 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Welp, now I'm embarrassed. Latest one had my brain in a pretzel. Time to go back to that shrine and figure it out! 

Some of the shrines are legitimately difficult to solve. I've found the two real dungeons that I've played to be rather easy (but still fun), but I've had to look up how to solve a couple of shrines.