Nintendo Switch Thread

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Did it. Bought one. Wife and I are gonna play Mario Aces. 

Is Party fun? I think she’d like that too. 

For me I’ll need to get Smash, Odyssey, BotW and whatever else. 

I heard Party is lacking content big time.  I wish Mario Aces was actually good.  I wanted to buy it so bad, but it just sucks.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I heard Party is lacking content big time.  I wish Mario Aces was actually good.  I wanted to buy it so bad, but it just sucks.

It’s okay. I honestly got it so my wife would play with me. It’s how I justified spending the money to get this :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Where is this again? I need to get Zelda.

Also I have Aces, would love to play. Where do we add friends on this thing? lol

Sadly the friends thing is a pain in the neck because Nintendo gonna Nintendo as far as online experience. 

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22326/~/how-to-add-friends

The five Mario games featured in the promotion are:

Already own a Nintendo Switch system? You can get a great deal, too! Purchase a digital download code from participating retail stores or retailer websites to redeem in Nintendo eShop for the same five Mario games for only $39.99 MSRP* each. Learn more.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/celebrate-mar10-day-with-sales-and-more

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll prolly get Kart in that sale. I know everyone raves about Odyssey. I'm just not sure it's my cup o tea. 

Kart is amazing.  Even if you don't have anyone in real life to play with (which has always been my issue with the past games), the online for it seems great so far in my limited experience.  When I hang out with people in real life, we don't play games, so I've always needed an online that worked well and this is that game.

Also, if Mario Odyssey is not your cup of tea then I would suggest getting an different cup

:P

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Also, if Mario Odyssey is not your cup of tea then I would suggest getting an different cup

Indeed. Had it not been for BOTW, Mario Odyssey would have been the game for the Switch.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

^I already have Mario Kart 8.  I'm 100% getting Odyssey as I don't have that one yet and I might pick up Mario Bros U Deluxe as well.

Wait for Mario Maker 2, someone will remake all of Mario Bros U Deluxe with the editing features more than likely.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Indeed. Had it not been for BOTW, Mario Odyssey would have been the game for the Switch.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Kart is amazing.  Even if you don't have anyone in real life to play with (which has always been my issue with the past games), the online for it seems great so far in my limited experience.  When I hang out with people in real life, we don't play games, so I've always needed an online that worked well and this is that game.

:P

I've just never really been a Mario RPG kid. Never really enjoyed Super Mario 2/3 etc. Always have played Golf/Kart/Tennis etc, but the Mario games themselves? Nah. It's a little weird and shocking and I get that. I do want Zelda though.