Nintendo Switch Thread

On 3/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, showtime said:

I've never played a Mario Maker game before.  Is that game worth it if I have absolutely 0 desire to ever make my own levels?

Yes.

It is VERY addictive and fun. There are easy levels and then there are Panga levels. 46:37 is probably the most infamous level.

Edited by candyman93

19 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It is VERY addictive and fun. There are easy levels and then there are Panga levels. 46:37 is probably the most infamous level.

The TL;DW of that video: Panga is a sadist.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, showtime said:

Sure, what's your friend code?  Maybe I should post mine since I don't know how to add anyone lol

SW-1670-2014-0641

Anyone can feel free to add me.

Sent 

mine is 1376-1477-7211 for anyone that wants to add me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm loving Odyssey so far.  Finally able to play it and try and get all the moons and purple coins.  I'm only at the sand kingdom so far and it's so great.

You've got a good chunk of enjoyable time in front of you. :)

• Like 1

I heard rumors late last year that an updated (possibly mobile only) Switch was going to come out this year. Any word on this? I want to jump on the Switch bandwagon but I rather wait a couple more months if a new Switch is around the corner.

Edited by PatriotsWin!

6 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

I heard rumors late last year that an updated (possibly mobile only) Switch was going to come out this year. Any word on this? I want to jump on the Switch bandwagon but I rather wait a couple more months if a new Switch is around the corner.

There is no concrete information on any of this.  To me, a mobile only Switch doesn't make any sense.  The whole point of this console is to be able to SWITCH from handheld mode and use it as a traditional console on a television seamlessly.  There are some rumors of a Switch Pro or Switch Mini, but obviously none of that is conformed. 

We very well could go this entire year without any news from Nintendo on the hardware side.  The game library for this year is absolutely packed (Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Pokemon Sword & Shield, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda Links Awakening Remake, etc).

I wouldn't wait for updated console announcement.  Even with the rumors, everything being rumored is very minor and really not worth waiting for, IMO.

7 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

They're not releasing a new switch version within 3 years of the Switch's release. When next gen roles around, expect an updated Switch but next gen isn't until 2022 IMO. 

For comparison's sake, it took Sony+Xbox 3 and 4 years respectively to launch updated consoles and I don't expect Nintendo to roll out a new switch until next gen is out so they don't screw themselves marketing wise.

The struggle is real with Zelda and I right now. I don't play often enough and decided to started with Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Terrible call, I can't even get in and I only have three hearts. Every video I have watched has a Link with like 12 hearts.  I need a strategy guide to help me go in right direction. Did everyone here just use videos to help or get a guide? I wish I played with more consistency so I could remember what the hell I'm doing. Going on a flight this weekend and would love to be squared away lol. 

1 hour ago, PaulWall_23 said:

The struggle is real with Zelda and I right now. I don't play often enough and decided to started with Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Terrible call, I can't even get in and I only have three hearts. Every video I have watched has a Link with like 12 hearts.  I need a strategy guide to help me go in right direction. Did everyone here just use videos to help or get a guide? I wish I played with more consistency so I could remember what the hell I'm doing. Going on a flight this weekend and would love to be squared away lol. 

I had the exact same problem with BoTW.  I tried picking it back up last weekend, and struggled getting the feel back.  I suck at combat.  If you find anything, send it my way.  I want to be able to finish the game.

Edited by jyod21

1 hour ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Yeah, post anything you find here. I'm on Odessy now but BotW is next and I feel like I'll run into the same problem as you as I only get to play a time or two a week. 

10 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

They're not releasing a new switch version within 3 years of the Switch's release. When next gen roles around, expect an updated Switch but next gen isn't until 2022 IMO. 

For comparison's sake, it took Sony+Xbox 3 and 4 years respectively to launch updated consoles and I don't expect Nintendo to roll out a new switch until next gen is out so they don't screw themselves marketing wise.

I agree for the most part, but I think it may come before 2022.  There are heavy rumors that Microsoft is going to show their next Xbox at this year's E3 event and the release of that console will be in 2020.  Rumors are also that Sony is going to show the PS5 later in the year at a Playstation Experience event or something similar and the console will release in 2020. 

To me, the original Xbox One and PS4 were released prematurely.  The Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro are what those two systems should have been at launch.

I think we'll see either a Switch Pro or something like that maybe announced this year or next year and release in 2020.  2022 is such a long time from now, but with Nintendo you never know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

*whistles* You started with the desert? Ballsy.

I would recommend backtracking a bit and trying Vah Ruta (Zora's Domain) instead. If nothing else, getting Mipha's Grace will help.

• Like 1

How much longer until we see an announcement of a new Zelda or Mario game?  Both Zelda Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are both almost two years old at this point.  Both of those games are arguably the greatest in the history of each franchise, respectively.  Because of that, the game engines, graphical assets and properties are already in place, so a sequel for Breath of the Wild or Odyssey could in theory easier to make than the originals.

Nintendo has released a sequel for a game on a relatively fast turn around (for Nintendo standards) in the past.  Super Mario Galaxy released at the end of 2007 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 released mid-2010.  So about three years and a sequel was released.  Part of the reason they could do this is because they already created the engine, assets and properties in the first game.  Thus, in the second game, they could expand it and make it bigger and better.

Both Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the Wild are all-time great games, but both have so much potential that can be reached with a sequel.  Hopefully we get some wind of a sequel later this year or sometime in 2020 with a future release date.