Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I've just never really been a Mario RPG kid. Never really enjoyed Super Mario 2/3 etc. Always have played Golf/Kart/Tennis etc, but the Mario games themselves? Nah. It's a little weird and shocking and I get that. I do want Zelda though. 

If it is an either/or kind of thing, Zelda. No question.

Mario Odyssey is arguably one of the best Mario games made.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is arguably one of the best games made. Period.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Wait for Mario Maker 2, someone will remake all of Mario Bros U Deluxe with the editing features more than likely.

I've never played a Mario Maker game before.  Is that game worth it if I have absolutely 0 desire to ever make my own levels?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've never played a Mario Maker game before.  Is that game worth it if I have absolutely 0 desire to ever make my own levels?

1000%. The best thing about the 1st game was the fan made levels, actually thinking about it I'll be curious to see how Nintendo handles the online uploads given it's such a core part to the game. I don't think they'll lock that behind a paywall/the online service...but this is Nintendo.

Depending on how that shakes out I'd 100% recommend that over Marios Bros U Deluxe.

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

1000%. The best thing about the 1st game was the fan made levels, actually thinking about it I'll be curious to see how Nintendo handles the online uploads given it's such a core part to the game. I don't think they'll lock that behind a paywall/the online service...but this is Nintendo.

Depending on how that shakes out I'd 100% recommend that over Marios Bros U Deluxe.

I have Nintendo Online, so it doesn't matter to me if stuff is behind that pay wall.  So I guess with Mario Maker 2 there is pretty much endless replayability?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I have Nintendo Online, so it doesn't matter to me if stuff is behind that pay wall.  So I guess with Mario Maker 2 there is pretty much endless replayability?

If it's anything like the first, then yep. 

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

Well, I just watched a couple reviews on Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and they seem pretty mediocre/bad.  So yea, I think I'm going to pass on that.  I need to look into Mario Tennis, but I've also heard that was really mediocre as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:
20 hours ago, showtime said:

With a non-trivial amount of infinite frustration with some levels ...

• Like 1

I ended up getting Odyssey and Aces.  I wasn't going to get Aces because the initial reviews were so bad, but apparently the game has been updated several times and it's much better now.  I hope so because I really loved playing it on Game Boy Color.  I forgot that I even had one of those things, but Tennis was the only game I had for it lol.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

I ended up getting Odyssey and Aces.  I wasn't going to get Aces because the initial reviews were so bad, but apparently the game has been updated several times and it's much better now.  I hope so because I really loved playing it on Game Boy Color.  I forgot that I even had one of those things, but Tennis was the only game I had for it lol.

I enjoy Aces. We should play some time. I also got Mario Kart 8 and am excited to get on that.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I enjoy Aces. We should play some time. I also got Mario Kart 8 and am excited to get on that.

Sure, what's your friend code?  Maybe I should post mine since I don't know how to add anyone lol

SW-1670-2014-0641

Anyone can feel free to add me.

I've never even used the dock yet.  It's still wrapped in the original plastic that it came in.  I'm just blown away at how amazing this is in handheld.  Everything runs great, smooth and looks fantastic.  This thing is so revolutionary and I'm upset at myself I didn't get one sooner.

Mortal Kombat 11 is coming out next month and that was a game I was going to buy on Xbox, but now I'm not.  Being able to play that game in handheld mode anywhere I want.... Heck yes, please.  I'm also a huge fan of Diablo 3 - played it on both the PC and console.  I'm going to get it for Switch because from everything I've seen and heard the game is just fantastic on there and being able to play anywhere I want is amazing.

Take it to work, laying in bed, going to the kitchen, the living room, the train, in my front yard..... I'm still in shock.