Nintendo Switch Thread

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Anyone play the demo for that new Yoshi game that's coming out in March?  What'd you guys think?

I played it and it was pretty fun.

It was alright.  Kind of short, even for a demo.  It's not something I would personally buy, but I enjoyed the time I played it.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:47 PM, showtime said:

I finally did it.  I bought a Nintendo Switch that has the $35 Nintendo gift card included.  I also got a carrying case with it and a screen protector since I will be using this outside of the house a decent amount. 

First game I'm going to get is Smash Bros Ultimate.  I've played a decent amount of Mario Odyssey on a friend's Switch and that game is so amazing, so I feel like I need to buy that as well to fully enjoy it.  BOTW is also on the list as well as Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.  Damn this thing is going to be a blast now that I can sit down and play the games all the way though to fully enjoy them.

I sold my NBA 2K19 account for $300, so I used that money to get the Switch.

Bought a Switch after Christmas. Started with Odyssey. Man, that was a fun game. Best Mario game to date imo and that’s saying a lot. Then went to BOTW. I had never played a Zelda game before it so it was all new to me. It took me a while to get really into it but once I did, it had me. It’s not overhype when you hear some people says it’s in the running for best game ever. I bought Rocket League. Haven’t played it at all. Bought Tropical Freeze but it really didn’t catch my attention. Bought Skyrim which will probably eat a lot of my gaming time up. Overall, it’s a really cool system and the ability to just pick it up and play is awesome. Having a 9 month old has really made it difficult to game but having a switch is so nice to be able to just pick up or put down at a moments notice. Really hoping for some more content for their online service though. Very bare in their right now. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Bought a Switch after Christmas. Started with Odyssey. Man, that was a fun game. Best Mario game to date imo and that’s saying a lot. Then went to BOTW. I had never played a Zelda game before it so it was all new to me. It took me a while to get really into it but once I did, it had me. It’s not overhype when you hear some people says it’s in the running for best game ever. I bought Rocket League. Haven’t played it at all. Bought Tropical Freeze but it really didn’t catch my attention. Bought Skyrim which will probably eat a lot of my gaming time up. Overall, it’s a really cool system and the ability to just pick it up and play is awesome. Having a 9 month old has really made it difficult to game but having a switch is so nice to be able to just pick up or put down at a moments notice. Really hoping for some more content for their online service though. Very bare in their right now. 

Cross platform parties are live on RL. If you ever want to learn how to play I can teach you the basics. I'll PM you my RocketID when I get home

22 hours ago, pwny said:

They were announced, not released yet. And cost $450. 

They've been available in the tech/professional (think photographers, movies etc etc.) world for years. 

The cards aren't worth it. 

I forget which company announced it but they're working on releasing new tech for SDcard+ or something which can support read/write of up to like 1 gig. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

They've been available in the tech/professional (think photographers, movies etc etc.) world for years. 

Do you have any links for this? Everything I’ve seen said that when WD and Micron announced them at MWC, they were the first ever on a microSD. 

9 hours ago, showtime said:

Anyone play the demo for that new Yoshi game that's coming out in March?  What'd you guys think?

I played it and it was pretty fun.

Haven't played the demo but will still buy the game. I love the Yoshi games, but more importantly, my wife loves the Yoshi games. It's something fun and "real video game" like enough for her to be player 1 and me player 2.