Nintendo Switch Thread

One weird thing about this controller (joycons) as I continue playing is the placement of the A and B buttons.  The two buttons are switched around on the joycons.  It's not really the letter, but I'm' so used to the button where 'B' is to continue, proceed, accept and the button where "A" is to be the button used to go back or exit. 

Just something I'm going to have to get used to, but it's been ingrained in me for years after playing Playstation and Xbox.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, showtime said:

I've never played a Pokemon game in my life and have never watched the series.  What kind genre of games are these?  I've wanted to play the old games because I know everyone holds them in super high regard.  I think they might be called Pokemon yellow, red and blue?  Not sure.  I know there's two Pokemon games out for the Switch right now - Pikachu and Eevee.  Would those be good to get for someone who is brand new to Pokemon or should I not even bother because I don't know most of the characters and I wouldn't be able to follow the story?

Hey You Pikachu/Eevee are basically the red/blue from the Gameboys on steroids. They follow the same story, just with more added to it. As a pokemon fan, I LOVE the switch game.

The majority of pokemon are available in both games, but there are a few that are strictly for the Pikachu version and same for the Eevee one, so that you have to trade with people from the other game to get them all. I prefer the ones from Pikachu more so I went with that one.

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Hey You Pikachu/Eevee are basically the red/blue from the Gameboys on steroids. They follow the same story, just with more added to it. As a pokemon fan, I LOVE the switch game.

The majority of pokemon are available in both games, but there are a few that are strictly for the Pikachu version and same for the Eevee one, so that you have to trade with people from the other game to get them all. I prefer the ones from Pikachu more so I went with that one.

I haven't played them, but I would find these games to be a weird first Pokemon game to play from what I've watched..... it is so casual and made more for younger players, no?

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I haven't played them, but I would find these games to be a weird first Pokemon game to play from what I've watched..... it is so casual and made more for younger players, no?

Maybe a little, but not anymore than the Mario games I wouldn't think. Honestly I may be biased because I've already got a good feel from playing the Gameboy ones so much. 

Sidenote: If you get one of these games, get the pokeball attachment controller that's available. 

9 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Maybe a little, but not anymore than the Mario games I wouldn't think. Honestly I may be biased because I've already got a good feel from playing the Gameboy ones so much. 

Sidenote: If you get one of these games, get the pokeball attachment controller that's available. 

I did not play Pokemon Go for more than a week. The whole concept of these games is not for me. I am hoping, but not optimistic, that the game that comes out this year is a little more difficult like the originals. 

Edited by JBURGE

29 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I did not play Pokemon Go for more than a week. The whole concept of these games is not for me. I am hoping, but not optimistic, that the game that comes out this year is a little more difficult like the originals. 

If you love Pokemon, you'll enjoy it. If you're looking for an indepth game that's a real challenge, I'd just wait for the next one.

But being able to ride my big arcanine around instead of using a bike is pretty freaking cool. It's basically just the same game as the originals with some upgrades like that and a different catching mechanism.

• Like 1

I'm liking the console a lot so far.  I downloaded Smite and played it in handheld mode.  Game looks amazing and ran perfectly.  No lag at all.  I hate playing Smite on a controller (not a Nintendo problem, Xbox and PS4 as well), but I'm super impressed with how everything has performed so far.  I've been playing Smash Bros in hand held mode only.  I haven't even set up my dock yet.  Also, the battery life is really good.

Today, I took my Switch off the charge at around 7:30am before I left the house for work.  I didn't take it with me.  I left it at home and put it in sleep mode.  When I came back home at around 5:00pm, the device was at 99% charge.  That's great because it doesn't run battery while it's not being used.  Battery life when I'm playing is also good.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I found a 128GB micro sd card for about $18, so I bought that to increase the storage space.  Sucks because I just saw a 400GB card for $62.

Some company just released a 1TB card ... I don't have a price, but #justsayin

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I've never played any of these games before.  I watched the trailer on the Twitter video and like.... what the heck did I just watch?  Is this like a Japanese Law and Order video game xDxD

Don't change a thing about what you are thinking. That is exactly it. Only less Ice T.

Edited by navysaintsfan