Nintendo Switch Thread

53 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

E3 or April, given it's probably their Holiday title expect it at E3. 

Nintendo isn't gonna do a may direct when they can save that for E3. 

Point. Forgot that E3 was right around the corner.

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

E3 or April, given it's probably their Holiday title expect it at E3. 

Nintendo isn't gonna do a may direct when they can save that for E3. 

You think Animal Crossing is coming out this year during the holiday season?

They have Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda Link's Awakening and Pokemon Sword & Shield.  The holiday season seems pretty packed for Nintendo this year (assuming all those games come out in October, November and December.

I think Animal Crossing gets announced this year (maybe at E3) and then releases next year in 2020.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

You think Animal Crossing is coming out this year during the holiday season?

They have Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda Link's Awakening and Pokemon Sword & Shield.  The holiday season seems pretty packed for Nintendo this year (assuming all those games come out in October, November and December.

I think Animal Crossing gets announced this year (maybe at E3) and then releases next year in 2020.

I think AC pretty much locked into December given they announced it as coming in 2019. 

Luigi's Mansion 3 for october, Pokemon S&S for November. 

Link's awakening, I'd bet on fall but out of all of these it feels like it'd be the one to get delayed.

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I think AC pretty much locked into December given they announced it as coming in 2019. 

Link's awakening, I'd bet on fall but out of all of these it feels like it'd be the one to get delayed.

I hope you're right.  Animal Crossing this year would be a great surprise considering there's been no mention of it like with the other big time titles they're releasing later this year.

What is Pokemon Sword & Shield?  My 6 year old inhaled whichever show is on Netflix.  Whenever he talks Star Wars, Marvel or Transformers, I love that stuff too so I know everything he's saying and more.  But when it comes to Pokemon, he's speaking gibberish to me.  LoL. That stuff blew up when I was in college so I don't know anything except Pikachu.

He's playing the demo for Let's Go Pikachu on the Switch and loves it.  His birthday is coming up and I'm trying to decide what to get him.  (He also wants Lego Incredibles but dads can you feel me here... anybody else sick of the Lego games?  The same boring tired engine and gameplay.)  He's only 6 but he beat Lego Ninjago and Lego Force Awakens all by himself.  What's a good Pokemon game for him for the Switch?

Edited by thrILL!

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

What is Pokemon Sword & Shield?  My 6 year old inhaled whichever show is on Netflix.  Whenever he talks Star Wars, Marvel or transformers I know everything he's saying and more.  But when it comes to Pokemon, he's speaking gibberish to me.  That stuff blew up when I was in college so I don't know anything except Pikachu.

He's playing the demo for Let's Go Pikachu on the Switch and loves it.  His birthday is going out and I'm trying to decide what to get him.  He also wants Lego Incredibles but dads can you feel me here... anybody else sick of the Lego games?  The same boring tired engine and gameplay.  He's only 6 but he beat Lego Ninjago and Lego Force Awakens all by himself.  What's a good Pokemon game for him for the Switch?

I'd say Let's Go is fine then. Especially if he's digging the demo. Get him the pokeball extension.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 3:15 AM, thrILL! said:

What is Pokemon Sword & Shield?  My 6 year old inhaled whichever show is on Netflix.  Whenever he talks Star Wars, Marvel or Transformers, I love that stuff too so I know everything he's saying and more.  But when it comes to Pokemon, he's speaking gibberish to me.  LoL. That stuff blew up when I was in college so I don't know anything except Pikachu.

He's playing the demo for Let's Go Pikachu on the Switch and loves it.  His birthday is coming up and I'm trying to decide what to get him.  (He also wants Lego Incredibles but dads can you feel me here... anybody else sick of the Lego games?  The same boring tired engine and gameplay.)  He's only 6 but he beat Lego Ninjago and Lego Force Awakens all by himself.  What's a good Pokemon game for him for the Switch?

Just to expand on what @titansNvolsR#1 said, Sword and Shield won't be coming out until late this year, so not an option for your son's bday. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 9:06 PM, SwoleXmad said:

You were right.  I believe you said Animal Crossing was coming out this year and I said 2020.  They've already announced it was coming this year.... I have no clue why I kept insisting on 2020.

Feel free to slap me, if necessary. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, showtime said:

You were right.  I believe you said Animal Crossing was coming out this year and I said 2020.  They've already announced it was coming this year.... I have no clue why I kept insisting on 2020.

Feel free to slap me, if necessary. 

giphy.gif

What? It felt necessary!

• Like 1