Nintendo Switch Thread

On 3/30/2022 at 9:06 AM, Heimdallr said:

It blows my mind that BOTW is considered an all-time great game. 

I Don'T Get It! I'M Sorry, I Just - I Don'T Get It - The Office GIF - The  Office Ellie Kemper Erin Hannon - Discover & Share GIFs

Its a great game IMO, but the weapons breaking, redundancy, lack of unique dungeons and bosses (which made the others special IMO) prevent me from putting it as an all time great.   Im not even sure it cracks my top 5 ZELDA games.

I understand why its loved, but as a diehard Zelda fan since I was a kid, it just wasn't the game I was hoping for.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Heimdallr said:

Never heard of it!

You should check it out, based on what you say you liked, it seems like something you would like. I really enjoyed it. It's an RPG with a story, the game play is kind of similar to the Mario Party minigames, and has the Stardew graphic style.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Heimdallr said:

Never heard of it!

Apparently they're making another game that you might be even more interested in...

Looking into it further, I think it's made by a different team but I'm still interested for sure. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, skywindO2 said:

Apparently they're making another game that you might be even more interested in...

Looking into it further, I think it's made by a different team but I'm still interested for sure. 

They are making another game called Sports Story, which looks super cool. 

You're right - Soccer Story is just a game clearly inspired by Golf Story. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

When I heard switch was adding gba games to their subscription service, I was excited at the possibility of dbz goku’s legacy 1 & 2 coming, which were easily my fav gba games. But to no avail. This thread can return to the deep recesses of boring hell that the switch has been in for years lol 

On 8/9/2022 at 9:32 PM, 43M said:

Its a great game IMO, but the weapons breaking, redundancy, lack of unique dungeons and bosses (which made the others special IMO) prevent me from putting it as an all time great.   Im not even sure it cracks my top 5 ZELDA games.

I understand why its loved, but as a diehard Zelda fan since I was a kid, it just wasn't the game I was hoping for.

I will go to the grave saying that BOTW is one of the most overrated games of this generation. Albeit knowing what we know now about the Switch I think its a GREAT Switch game but IMO its not a top 10 game of all time or even the best game on the Switch. Elden Ring, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, GTA V, RDR2, The Witcher 3, and Skyrim are all clearly better and less redundant. 

21 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I will go to the grave saying that BOTW is one of the most overrated games of this generation. Albeit knowing what we know now about the Switch I think its a GREAT Switch game but IMO its not a top 10 game of all time or even the best game on the Switch. Elden Ring, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, GTA V, RDR2, The Witcher 3, and Skyrim are all clearly better and less redundant. 

I agree for the most part.   Not a huge fan of Skyrim, but its personal preference.

For me, though, while I enjoy BOTW, its not even a top 3 ZELDA game, and maybe not even top 5.    

1.  Link to the Past

2.  Ocarina of Time

3.   Twilight Princess

Maybe...

4/5/6.   Between Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and BOTW.    I don't even think BOTW is notably better than Skyward Sword, which alot of people are meh on.

25 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

When I heard switch was adding gba games to their subscription service, I was excited at the possibility of dbz goku’s legacy 1 & 2 coming, which were easily my fav gba games. But to no avail. This thread can return to the deep recesses of boring hell that the switch has been in for years lol 

Just so you know, licensed stuff like those Goku games will almost certainly never come to the service. 

Also...really? The Switch has a ton of great games. If Nintendo's first party stuff isn't for you then I'm not entirely sure why you would have a Switch in the first place. 

49 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Just so you know, licensed stuff like those Goku games will almost certainly never come to the service. 

Also...really? The Switch has a ton of great games. If Nintendo's first party stuff isn't for you then I'm not entirely sure why you would have a Switch in the first place. 

Meh.. They have some really good games but what have they released over the last 3 years that has been "Great"? Animal Crossing New Horizons was almost 3 years ago. Metroid Dread was released in 2021 but was just good. Bayonetta 3 was pretty great. Kirby was solid but short and IMO really didn't do anything that made me say wow. They really haven't pumped out much of substance in awhile. The best thing they do is release 3rd party games that can be played on the handheld but they haven't released anything of amazing quality in a long time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Meh.. They have some really good games but what have they released over the last 3 years that has been "Great"? Animal Crossing New Horizons was almost 3 years ago. Metroid Dread was released in 2021 but was just good. Bayonetta 3 was pretty great. Kirby was solid but short and IMO really didn't do anything that made me say wow. They really haven't pumped out much of substance in awhile. The best thing they do is release 3rd party games that can be played on the handheld but they haven't released anything of amazing quality in a long time. 

Last three years? So 2020+. It looks pretty solid to me - guess we have different tastes. 

Animal Crossing
Metroid Dread
Kirby
Pokemon Arceus, Scarlet/Violet, Snap
Fire Emblem Engage
Mario 3D World
Paper Mario
Xenoblade 1 & 3
Skyward Sword HD
Pikmin 3
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids 2

I don't know, that's just first party stuff, not even counting the ports you mentioned or all of the great indie or retro games that are on the Switch. I do 90% of my gaming on Switch and I've never thought "I have nothing to play."