Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

For any of us probably over the age of 40, the Cowboys typically are the 2nd-most despised team.  For me, it's not even just about the push-off...it's about a franchise so self-absorbed that it had the audacity to declare itself "America's Team."  It's sort of the reason why I hate the Atlanta Braves as well.  I always say to myself "Who gave you the right? "  🤣

Fans under 40 don't despise the Cowboys? Crikey, I am old and out of touch with the younger generation.

39 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Fans under 40 don't despise the Cowboys? Crikey, I am old and out of touch with the younger generation.

If they are under the age of 40, the Cowboys haven't really been relevant since they were in elementary school.  😂

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

For any of us probably over the age of 40, the Cowboys typically are the 2nd-most despised team.  For me, it's not even just about the push-off...it's about a franchise so self-absorbed that it had the audacity to declare itself "America's Team."  It's sort of the reason why I hate the Atlanta Braves as well.  I always say to myself "Who gave you the right? "  🤣

Marketing baby.

At a $6M price tag for Everson ... I would have easily taken that for a quality rotational end who can play 50-70% snaps if needed.
We are not stacked at DE by any means other than Hunter.
I think they valued 2021 cap space too highly in this negotiation, where they will ultimately be putting an inferior product on the field this year.
Yes, Everson is just one player, but at an important position of need, we took a talent hit here, with no replacement.

If the brass thinks we are close-ish, they should have given the $6M to Everson, if they don't think we're close to contending, than not giving Everson the $6M is fine.

Edited by CriminalMind

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Marketing baby.

Marketing smarketing!  It's arrogant as h-e-l-l.  I hate the Cowboys with a passion that borders on the psychotic!!

5 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Marketing smarketing!  It's arrogant as h-e-l-l.  I hate the Cowboys with a passion that borders on the psychotic!!

But hey, Jerry World has great "natural airflow" which can help reduce the spread of communicable diseases...that's certain to justify it's America's Team status.  I bet if he just quit talking that'd help too.  😅

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Good news. The team has ready to go their full compliment of contenders for the two starting guard positions. Hopefully a couple guys can beat out Elflein. There isn't a lot of reason for optimism that the team has two guys that can provide better play than the miserable level of play they have gotten out of Elflein but one can always hope and having all the guys able to practice is a start.

Agree with the above...absolutely no interest in him whatsoever.  He may be fast, but he's injured constantly.  I'd only take a flyer on him after he becomes a free agent after the year...Rick likes those kinds of players, especially if they come cheaply, which he likely will.

Edited by swede700

17 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Good news. The team has ready to go their full compliment of contenders for the two starting guard positions. Hopefully a couple guys can beat out Elflein. There isn't a lot of reason for optimism that the team has two guys that can provide better play than the miserable level of play they have gotten out of Elflein but one can always hope and having all the guys able to practice is a start.

Does Elflein stick as the backup center, or do you think he will be cut?

40 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

If he doesn't win the starting LG job, he'll get cut, as they can keep Brett Jones as the backup C for a lot less money.  I still think, based on the weird offseason, that he has a clear edge on being the starter ultimately.  Someone else will have to clearly beat him out.  

Edited by swede700

38 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

If Elflein isn't given one of the starting guard jobs I think he'll stick as an interior offensive line backup. At least that is what I would do if I was the team. If Bradbury struggles this year again it would be nice having a guy on the team with center experience. From what I recall, Elflein didn't struggle as badly at center his rookie year as Bradbury did last year.