Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

right. the next game ahead of us is the future.

¬¬

Haha xD

Well we're talking far future then!

As a fan, and certainly a fan that is active on a football forum, it can be difficult to look at the season one game at a time. I think every fanbase has this "issue". 

However we all expect the coaches and players to take the season one game at a time.

As fans, we can do our best to temper our expectations (like waiting to see what sort of contract our QB will make this season after their playoff performance) but in general, I don't think this is common.

I think its fair to say that the football team and the fans of that football team have different outlooks on things, and that's okay!

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Haha xD

Well we're talking far future then!

As a fan, and certainly a fan that is active on a football forum, it can be difficult to look at the season one game at a time. I think every fanbase has this "issue". 

However we all expect the coaches and players to take the season one game at a time.

As fans, we can do our best to temper our expectations (like waiting to see what sort of contract our QB will make this season after their playoff performance) but in general, I don't think this is common.

I think its fair to say that the football team and the fans of that football team have different outlooks on things, and that's okay!

of course. just messing with ya, son.

Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes were named 1st team All-Pro. 

Adam Thielen and Everson Griffen were named 2nd team All-Pro. 

A much better recognition than the Pro Bowl. But the fact that Smith got 45 of the 50 1st team votes, only makes the Pro Bowl snub all the more baffling. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

Robert O’Neill, the Navy Seal credited with killing Osama bin Laden, said Saturday on Fox News TV that he has given the Vikings a motivational team talk about grit. O’Neill, who sounded the Vikings Gjallarhorn before their 34-7 victory over Cincinnati last month, is a huge Vikings fan.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/06/charley-walters-its-a-good-thing-vikings-arent-favored-to-win-super-bowl/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I think it is just a "regular" season award just like the MVP voting.

While it’s a regular season award, just like the MVP voting, playoffs seem to come into play. 

Especially for a coach like McVay who made a bad decision by resting his starters in week 17.