Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Still wondering if it had to do something with work ethic, or something.

Guy was an athletic freak and actually did great in all sorts of roles with Virginia Tech.

Just weird.

Exactly. Truesdell is nothing but athletic potential, just like Hodges. 

It’s shocking that no one has signed him to a futures contract. 

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m still baffled as to what in the heck happened with Bucky Hodges. 

Run blocking is important here. I think they thought he was farther along in that area, or that he could be developed quickly there. When they realized it would be too long a process, they moved on.

Blake Bell has been a solid addition.

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Run blocking is important here. I think they thought he was farther along in that area, or that he could be developed quickly there. When they realized it would be too long a process, they moved on.

Blake Bell has been a solid addition.

But it’s not just the Vikings. No one has signed him, not even as part of a 90-man roster. 

There’s more to it than he simply can’t block. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

No one has signed him, not even as part of a 90-man roster. 

I actually think the Panthers did right? They even cut him.

Teams must of saw something during the draft. Look how he fell, for how athletic, and how well he actually played with the ball in the air or in his hands.
You usually don't see receivers/TE/corners that are super athletic freaks at the combine just not get a good shot in the NFL.

I really believe it is off the field stuff, not like trouble off the field, but possibly work ethic, how he fit in the locker room, ect.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Absolutely. After that game we just saw, I think the NFL will want more of that.

But, we already did that one after the 2009 season...I'm not sure they'd do it again.

On a side note, did you know that the 2 victories by the Vikings over the Saints are the only victories the Vikings have in the series over the last decade?  Prior to this year, the Saints had won 4 in a row, including the 2009 NFCC.  

17 minutes ago, disaacs said:

But, we already did that one after the 2009 season...I'm not sure they'd do it again.

But what alternative is better?

The NFL wants storylines for the openers, and most of the time they're predicated on something that happened in the playoffs. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl, that's the only possibility under those parameters. Had Shurmur gone to Arizona I could maybe see that, but that's about it.

I don't believe it's ever happened in the history of the franchise, but I'd love to see the Vikings open up at home against the Packers in Week 1...every time before that they've played Week 1, it was at Lambeau.  But, you'd have the overriding story of Barr-Rodgers returning to the scene of "the crime" (at least according to some Packers' fans).