Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Odin is showing his displeasure over our ignominious loss with about two feet of snow. Still, what an inspiring scene with neighbors up and down our street helping each other shovel and plow. Coming together and getting something done, as cheerful as if last night's game had never happened. Things like this make football seem insignificant and far away, and if the price you pay for living in the greatest state is that you never get to win a Super Bowl, maybe that's not so bad. ^_^

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Next years schedule looks hard. Might be a challenge getting to 9 wins. 

Seattle is taking a gigantic step backward, so they aren't going to be as intimidating as they have in the past, and while the other road games will be tough, we'll have to see, because all games on the home schedule appear, on paper, to be winnable.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 7-1 or 8-0 at home, as all the teams on the home schedule are still building their teams.

14 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Seattle is taking a gigantic step backward, so they aren't going to be as intimidating as they have in the past, and while the other road games will be tough, we'll have to see, because all games on the home schedule appear, on paper, to be winnable.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 7-1 or 8-0 at home, as all the teams on the home schedule are still building their teams.

I think Seattle rebounds once healthy. While MN may do well at home, there might be 2-3 road wins. Just not sold on this team competing on the road against good teams unless QB improves dramatically.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I think Seattle rebounds once healthy. 

I don't, because they don't have enough cap money to fix the offensive line and Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas are in the last years of their deals.  I'm not sure that the Seahawks are going to be all that competitive for the next couple of years.  I think they're done.    

The Seahawks are going to be rough for a year or two in my opinion, or possibly longer. It'll depend on if they can get the offensive line figured out, more so than the defense. Until that gets fixed, I don't care who you have at the QB position, that offensive line is brutal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I will predict it as I did this year...Vikings-Chiefs.   I'm waiting for the rematch, since I never got to see it the first time.  

It was ugly.  Earsell MackBee did a 'Marcus Williams' mid-game, allowing a TD pass from Len Dawson to Otis Taylor.

Kapp was knocked out with a dislocated shoulder.  Cuozzo was ineffective.  Hank Stram was wired for sound and mocked Karl Kassulke for running around like he was in a Chinese fire drill, adding the Chiefs were 'matriculating the ball down the field' (well).

Herb Alpert and Doc Severinson were good as entertainers, relative to some of the recent choices.  They didn't need a laser light show or autotune to 'support' their live performance.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

3 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

It might help whomever we end up with at QB to have a better OL.  Our OL looked too much at times like humans being swarmed by aliens (no copyright infringement intended).

Losing Easton definitely hurt down the stetch. I wonder where the Vikes feel most comfortable with Remmers going forward? Is he a RG or RT?  MN needs to add a starter at one of those spots to avoid having to start Hill, Isidora or Sirles. Keeping those three available as depth is ideal.

Edited by vikingsrule

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Losing Easton definitely hurt down the stetch. I wonder where the Vikes feel most comfortable with Remmers going forward? Is he a RG or RT?  

I think it's quite possible that they move him inside and have Rashod Hill starting at RT next season.