Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

32 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Newman personally.

Don't fully trust Mackenzie to take his spot yet.

I'm going with Robison given how many reps he provides at DT. I'm not too concerned with Weatherly or Bower playing DE, can either player move inside in passing situations? But I do think Robison plays out his contract.

I think the Vikes will end up signing a veteran CB to be the 4th CB but I anticipate Alexander playing more and I think he's going to be a good player.

A draft pick will be used to replace Berger. Just have to hope we can find another day one starter like Elflein.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

We already have replacements in-house for Newman and Berger. I agree with vr that we don't really have that Robison replacement. It's why I wouldn't really rule out drafting a DE this year, even fairly early. They like to give most of these guys a year to learn the spot before throwing them in there. That's why I target one this year. After Robison retires in a year, the yute would take that role and then work his way up to take Griffen's snaps as he ages.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

There are some yutes that they clearly like in the pipeline at that position in Weatherly, Bower, Odenigbo - but I wouldn't put it passed them to spend a third or fourth round pick on the position.

Can't, as we've traded that pick as part of the Bradford trade.

Edited by perrynoid
Can't spell, as I only have a fourth grade education...best three years of my life though!

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Sure hope the new LS works out now that it isn't just a one week thing. They had some time to work with him so hopefully Preifer has some comfort. Now that the new guy looks to be sticking around into the playoffs I should bother myself to learn his name. 

When his college career came to an end, Zylstra gained the interest of some CFL teams, and was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos to a two-year deal in 2016. While his 2016 season wasn’t much to write home about, Zylstra absolutely exploded onto the scene this past season. He led the CFL in receiving yardage with 1,687 yards, which was over 200 yards more than the second-highest total. He got those yards on exactly 100 receptions.

The 6’3”, 220-pound Zylstra is a potentially intriguing signing, and the Vikings might be looking to catch lightning in a bottle again with his addition. 

Following college, Zylstra moved to Arizona to train with former teammate Griffin Neal. While in Arizona, he attracted the interest of CFL teams during tryouts and was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos to a two-year contract. In his first season in the league Zylstra made a quick impact, catching 34 passes for 508 yards with 3 touchdowns in only six regular season games. In two playoff games he caught six passes for 108 yards. He was named the Eskimos rookie of the year for the 2016 season.

Zylstra had an outstanding 2017 campaign, leading the CFL in receiving yards with 1,687 (225 ahead of second place S.J. Green). He played a big role in both of the Eskimos playoff games as well, catching 12 passes for 221 yards with one touchdown. He was named a CFL All-Star after the conclusion of the season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Zylstra

he also had 22 punt returns in 2017 for a 6.9 yard average.

Edited by vike daddy

Ruh Roh!  All Valhalla is gonna break out on these boards....  :o

The never-ending saga that is known as the Minnesota Vikings quarterback position added another layer when earlier this week Sam Bradford was activated to practice.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1/3/16847660/vikings-activate-sam-bradford-went-through-full-practice-wednesday