Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Id trade a 4th for Kyler on a rookie deal not Trey Lance though.

I wouldn't have traded a 4th for either of them.  The Lance train has pulled out of the station. I don't think Murray's overall lack of discipline would be worth anything more than a 6th...but even then, no way am I taking on any part of Murray's contract.

24 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I wouldn't have traded a 4th for either of them.  The Lance train has pulled out of the station. I don't think Murray's overall lack of discipline would be worth anything more than a 6th...but even then, no way am I taking on any part of Murray's contract.

Agreed with the the notion that Murrays contract would destroy our cap problem as previously stated.

Thats why i think were set up perfectly to go after a QB in this years draft and be willing to spend some pretty nice assets on moving up.

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 1

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Hey, are we ever retiring #28 you think? Haha

I don't think so.  But I also personally don't believe 80 should have ever been retired either.  I've always been for retiring numbers in rare and special situations, and as much as I loved Cris Carter, he didn't reach that plateau.  Moss' 84 would have come close, but his antics outside of football and some of it on the field disqualified him from that status as far as I'm concerned...and the same goes for AD.

I personally believe Randle's jersey should have been considered because of the things he did on the field and off...and also up for debate eventually will be #22, maybe because of both Krause and Harry. 

• Like 1

Four Vikings who have previously been named as captains to start a season are welcoming four teammates to the fold as the 2023 Vikings season approaches.

Kirk Cousins, Harrison Smith, Brian O'Neill and C.J. Ham all were voted as captains again this season by teammates, Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell announced Thursday during a media session.

O'Connell said Justin Jefferson, Danielle Hunter, Jordan Hicks and Josh Metellus also were chosen by their peers. Although Metellus did not open 2022 as a captain, he did wear the "C" when teammates chose him to fill in after O'Neill was lost for the season in Week 17.

The second-year head coach opted to have three captains on offense (Cousins, O'Neill and Jefferson), three on defense (Hunter, Hicks and Smith) and two on special teams (Ham and Metellus).

https://www.vikings.com/news/2023-team-captains-justin-jefferson-kirk-cousins

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, vike daddy said:

Four Vikings who have previously been named as captains to start a season are welcoming four teammates to the fold as the 2023 Vikings season approaches.

Kirk Cousins, Harrison Smith, Brian O'Neill and C.J. Ham all were voted as captains again this season by teammates, Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell announced Thursday during a media session.

O'Connell said Justin Jefferson, Danielle Hunter, Jordan Hicks and Josh Metellus also were chosen by their peers. Although Metellus did not open 2022 as a captain, he did wear the "C" when teammates chose him to fill in after O'Neill was lost for the season in Week 17.

The second-year head coach opted to have three captains on offense (Cousins, O'Neill and Jefferson), three on defense (Hunter, Hicks and Smith) and two on special teams (Ham and Metellus).

https://www.vikings.com/news/2023-team-captains-justin-jefferson-kirk-cousins

IMO teams really should only have 3 captains. One Offense, one Defense & one Special Teams (I'd vote Cousins, Smith & Metellus).

It really reduces the meaningfulness of having captains having 8 of them. Players can be great leaders without needing the captain label