Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I am hoping for a D Hunter trade before the trade deadline.
Think its the most likely, and he could be willing to waive his no trade clause, for a playoff team.

I just don't think Kirk is going to waive his no trade clause, unless a 'mid-pack' team (with a below average QB) is willing to give Kirk a 3 year extension as part of the deal/package. Something like ATL if they overachieve entering late October

16 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I am hoping for a D Hunter trade before the trade deadline.
Think its the most likely, and he could be willing to waive his no trade clause, for a playoff team.

I just don't think Kirk is going to waive his no trade clause, unless a 'mid-pack' team (with a below average QB) is willing to give Kirk a 3 year extension as part of the deal/package. Something like ATL if they overachieve entering late October

I am hoping for fourteen straight wins. I guess fans hope for different things.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I am hoping for fourteen straight wins. I guess fans hope for different things.

Felt like last year was the peak for this team, Kwesi and O’Connell basically leaned on a bunch of holdovers from the previous regime. A bad year and blowing it up isn’t the worst outcome. I get being optimistic but I’m also struggling to see how this team does anything meaningful in the playoffs. Drop another game to Carolina, I think it’s over. Time for Kwesi to actually land some talent of his own, Addison looks great so far  but they absolutely need a blue chip prospect, mostly at QB, and if trading Hunter now gives them more draft capital to be flexible, I’m jumping on it. 

But they need Jefferson long term, even if he isn’t a Kwesi draft pick. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Felt like last year was the peak for this team, Kwesi and O’Connell basically leaned on a bunch of holdovers from the previous regime. A bad year and blowing it up isn’t the worst outcome. I get being optimistic but I’m also struggling to see how this team does anything meaningful in the playoffs. Drop another game to Carolina, I think it’s over. Time for Kwesi to actually land some talent of his own, Addison looks great so far  but they absolutely need a blue chip prospect, mostly at QB, and if trading Hunter now gives them more draft capital to be flexible, I’m jumping on it. 

But they need Jefferson long term, even if he isn’t a Kwesi draft pick. 

The thing is this team just does not have the real talent to win games, like how they use to last year. I agree the peak was last year, but its more so of an outlier, then a true build up to the record. I'm not interested in trading JJ for picks (like unknown picks now). The trenches is so void of talent for this year and next year. Three spots on the starting OL playing 100% snaps, and possibly 4 spots on the starting DL. I just don't think we have set this team up with the proper resource allocation for the impact positions.

Our defense is being asked to blitz at a significant rate, just hoping they can get home, because we don't have the talent to be more sound on the back end without it. Danielle is doing his thing, but a sack a game and pressures from Danielle is all this defense has going for it.

Cousins stats look great, they generally do, but I think we desperately need someone/prospect with a higher ceiling, that can cover up for the lack of talent on this squad.

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I hope the FO is more realistic than that. We can hope, they need to plan and build and be realistic. 

By all appearances, they do have a plan. Is it the same as yours or mine? Not likely. But they’ve been very deliberate and intentional in their moves. 

• Like 1