Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Apparently, we have the 10th hardest schedule in the league next year, including games against 5 playoff teams from this year.

at CHI, at GB, at DET, at DAL, at NYG, at KC, at LAC, at SEA
vs CHI, vs GB, vs DET, vs PHI, vs WAS, vs DEN, vs OAK, vs ATL

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I count 6 playoff teams.

You are correct. And 7 total games against playoff teams (Bears x2). Also, our away schedule is much more difficult than our home schedule, which stinks. 5 of 8 away games are against 2018 playoff teams,  and only 2 of 8 home games are against playoff teams.

It'll be made when Dallas stinks again and Seattle finally falls off.  I'll also be at the Chiefs game, so you never know.  They haven't managed to win a game I've been at (I've been to 2 games at Arrowhead, 1 game at what was then Seahawks Stadium, and a couple of games at the Metrodome), but I'm due.  xD

Edited by swede700

Schedule does not seem that hard. 

Road games against KC and Bears will be tough games, Chargers and Seahawks will be difficult but winnable, the rest while competitive shouldnt be difficult to win. 

Home games are all winnable with Bears and Eagles both being most difficult, Atlanta doesnt scare me.

10-6 or 11-5 doesn't seem that hard to achieve and should challenge for the division while securing a wild card. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Why would that be expected any more than saying the Vikings will play better?

Because they have a top 3 QB. I think they have a higher ceiling because of it when compared to our top 15 QB.

Now I know GB is going to have a lot of turnover and haven't made the playoffs in two years, but I'd trust that Rodgers would do more with an improved team around him than Cousins will.

Now maybe the Packers won't bring in any worthwhile talent and coaches, but why can't the same also be said regarding the Vikes?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Any chance that Theilen's deal gets reworked to keep him paired with Diggs and shuffle the money around to guarantee him more money over more years? It would likely keep him happy and help the team out.

That is a possibility, as it's one way to free up some cap space.  It wouldn't save a whole bunch, but it would save some.  

Next year is the year. The Super Bowl is, once again, returning to Miami.  2 of the last 3 times it's been held in Miami were after the 1998 season and after the 2009 season.  And also, the Super Bowl was held in Miami after the Hail Mary.  It's time for Karmic payback.  

• Like 5