Mike Glennon,

Derek Anderson,

Kirk Cousins,

Tyrod Taylor,

Josh Mccown

Blake Bortles

Ryan Tannehill

---------------------------

The price on Kirk Cousins might be too insane.

Give me Mccaron, Mccown, Bradford, Keenum or anyone that can let our rookie QB sit on the bench the entire year.

17 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

We're going to end up with McCarron.

We desperately need him to win his free agency arbitration so he's a UFA.

If he's a UFA, he's our QB.

If he loses the arbitration, the Bengals put a 1st round RFA tender on him and we lose out.

Smith got 4 years/ 94 Million total / 23.5 Million a year/  71mil Guaranteed

Drew Brees' contract, Jimmy G's contract are going to be utterly insane. Brees/Rodgers could set the market well above 35 Mill a year as is expected; 140million/4years/ 110 guaranteed.

That means Jimmy G and Cousins could fetch 5 year deals because they're younger....we're talking 5 years/175 Million/ 140 Mil guaranteed.

I don't know if we can pay Cousins like that. I mean if it was Rodgers or Brees of course, but Cousins?

We really just need a QB to hold down the fort competently for a year or 2 and hope Darnold/Kizer can ascend in that time.

Ugg why are we pidgin holing (sp) ourselves and into must get vet qb? Best case scenario for me is to sign a vet and let the youngin sit and learn. But in my ever so humble opinion each of the top three guys can start right away. I mean come on we had Kizer start last year. All three of the top guys coming out this year are worlds better than him. I would like to have a vet guy that has the requisite football acumen to teach the youngin. But any of these guys can start. 

Add that free agent spending spree many here want to add with cousins and that would enhance any of the top three qb prospects. 

Just get Darnold and our qb conundrum is solved for the foreseeable future. No doubts. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ugg why are we pidgin holing (sp) ourselves and into must get vet qb? Best case scenario for me is to sign a vet and let the youngin sit and learn. But in my ever so humble opinion each of the top three guys can start right away. I mean come on we had Kizer start last year. All three of the top guys coming out this year are worlds better than him. I would like to have a vet guy that has the requisite football acumen to teach the youngin. But any of these guys can start. 

Add that free agent spending spree many here want to add with cousins and that would enhance any of the top three qb prospects. 

Just get Darnold and our qb conundrum is solved for the foreseeable future. No doubts. 

I'm with ya. If we would so happen to sign Cousins I wouldn't draft a QB at all, I'd probably trade down with both picks. Maybe 1 to 5 with Denver and 4 to 6 with the jets. Pick up whatever we can and still get 2 of the 3 top non QB prospects. Assuming the Colts don't beat us to the punch.

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can they start? Sure.

Can they win now though? Because that’s a concern, at least to Hue, Haslam and a lot of casual fans.

Right now I’m probably looking at a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick who can play half a season and mentor the youngsters. I’m not certain a guy like McCarron is much better and Fitz knows what he is at this point, McCarron is wanting a legitimate shot at starting.

If we aren't going to sign Cousins, then a few veterans I'd expect us to look at are:

*Tyrod Taylor, assuming he's released

*Ryan Fitzpatrick, because he's played for every team in the league as a bridge QB at some point

*Sam Bradford, if he can pass a physical

*Teddy Bridgewater, if he can pass a physical

*A.J. McCarron, because our coach is an idiot and would probably trade a couple of high picks for him if he doesn't win his lawsuit

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man I wish Bradford wasn’t made of glass. 

We better go get Cousins now. 

Bradford isn’t a terrible option. He provides a vet to mentor and the ability to probably play a few games while the rookie gets up to speed.

They’d better prepare the next guy to play sooner than later though.

Archived