This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Am I missing something?  Why does he get the mental illness excuse?  Couldn't he just be an ahole? 

You're clearly miss something, you would think if he was an ahole the hotel would want to have him arrested and charged would you not? Also how many grown men all there mentally do you know that go from threatening to shoot someone to lying down on the ground and having a temper tantrum all in minutes? Then he gets out of that situation and tried to break into a teammates house. Literally nothing about that is normal behavior. You would think if it were drugs causing this he'd have been charged as such, thus he did all this sober, clearly something is wrong.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Am I missing something?  Why does he get the mental illness excuse?  Couldn't he just be an ahole? 

Any reasonable person can interpret the facts as mental illness. Multiple incidents in a short period of time, undergoing evaluation, and the statement from Spielman. "Providing support for [...] his family" isn't usually said when someone is just an ahole.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you read anything about this? Does that sound like a sane man to you? Sheesh.

Scary stuff. Some serious mental disconnect there, I hope they figure out a way to get him help and back to normal.

Could be early onset CTE.  Behavior is similar to other reported cases.  Regardless, it’s a shame and I wish him well.  Not gonna hate on a man with a serious illness.

24 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is all eerily similar to the weird things Richie Incognito did this offseason. Dude doesn't seem like he's all there either. You don't want to speculate but with football you always wonder if this is early effects of CTE or something

agree with the dot connecting here

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I could be wrong in this case, I just generally dislike the excuse of mental illness. 

You ever been around or close to someone with a serious mental illness? 

Its can be devastating and absolutely more prevalent than you may think. And it’s not an excuse. I used to think that way until I encountered it with people I know and when they start seriously hurting themselves or others, it’s pretty apparent it’s not an excuse and something is seriously wrong and there’s nothing they can do to help themselves.

This is isn’t Everson’s first issue with Bizzare behavior. I think he ran away from a cop and grabbed his junk in like 2011. The guy has some issues obviously.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Why does running away from a cop, grabbing your junk, throwing a temper tantrum in a hotel and trying to break into your teammate's house HAVE to be mental issues though?  Sometimes people are just bad people.  I work in hospitality and I've seen this stuff happen every day in four different states over the past ten years.  They don't get their way, they don't like policies, they don't like the LAW in some cases, they throw fits.  They're not all mentally challenged, they're people who can't handle not getting their way.  My best friend ran away from an oversight cop once.  He wasn't mentally handicapped, he just didn't want a DUI (and he actually got away with it).  

He might have mental issues.  He might also be a petulant child who has a problem with authority.  Mental illness is a get out of jail free card in these situations.  I think there was a South Park on this, except instead of mental illness it was alcoholism as a disease.  

And yeah, I have plenty of experience with mental illness in my family.

I feel like if it was mental illness, we would have seen more evidence prior to this.  Feel like this is damage control.  Don't act like people don't use those excuses to get out of things.  It's one of the quickest ways to turn a perpetrator into a victim and it's sickening.  

Again, I'm not saying this isn't.  I just don't think it's right to just accept it outright.  If it's mental illness he shouldn't be playing in the NFL anymore.  If he doesn't, I'll take back all doubt.  If he does play again, I feel like it was a cheap out and a lie.