This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

He has nearly 10,000 yards and only 43 TDs  in his career.  He does seem to have an allergy to the endzone.  I'm not saying he isn't talented but his TD numbers are anemic.  

Mohamed Sanu has 23 TDs and only has 3500 Yards  153yards/TD

Calvin Ridley has 6 in his rookie year and only 350 yards.  58yds/TD

Julio has 0 TDs and 700 yards.  227yds/TD career.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I find it far more inconceivable to say the most physically gifted WR in the game, who's on pace for another monster season, somehow loses his ability on 1st and goal.

You've already been proven wrong on this.  Julio's measurables show that he is, in fact, less able in the red zone.  The smaller the space gets for players to have to depend that type of player, the easier it gets.  It's why players like Edleman score so many touchdowns.  It's that whole phone booth thing.  Davante dominates and is probably a top three receiver in that category.  Julio is not.  It's not a matter of talent, it's a matter of physics.  You don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.  He DOES lose his ability on 1st and goal.  With 100 yards to cover, very few defenses can contain him.  It's like trying to catch a fish with your bare hands in a pond.  When it's 1st and goal, it's like trying to catch a fish in a puddle. 

Don't know why it's so difficult for you to accept.  I think you're Julio's cousin. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You've already been proven wrong on this.  Julio's measurables show that he is, in fact, less able in the red zone.  The smaller the space gets for players to have to depend that type of player, the easier it gets.  It's why players like Edleman score so many touchdowns.  It's that whole phone booth thing.  Davante dominates and is probably a top three receiver in that category.  Julio is not.  It's not a matter of talent, it's a matter of physics.  You don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.  He DOES lose his ability on 1st and goal.  With 100 yards to cover, very few defenses can contain him.  It's like trying to catch a fish with your bare hands in a pond.  When it's 1st and goal, it's like trying to catch a fish in a puddle. 

Don't know why it's so difficult for you to accept.  I think you're Julio's cousin. 

You're wasting your time man. This is a reflection on ineptitude from the Falcons. In the red zone any component coach should be able to scheme any player into a TD. Hell Spencer f'n Havner had like 4 in a super limited role one year for us.

There's a case to be made that Julio isn't explosive in small areas.  He's the most explosive in medium areas, and also long areas.  he isn't great a making guys miss or breaking tackles in short spaces like davante.  That's Davante's best skill and why he gets great releases and open instantly.

Jones gets open slower, but gets more open.

The thing that doesn't make any sense at all is Julio's ability to make contested catches.  That should translate perfectly.  he just has the yips in the end zone or something.

57 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

There's a case to be made that Julio isn't explosive in small areas.  He's the most explosive in medium areas, and also long areas.  he isn't great a making guys miss or breaking tackles in short spaces like davante.  That's Davante's best skill and why he gets great releases and open instantly.

Jones gets open slower, but gets more open.

The thing that doesn't make any sense at all is Julio's ability to make contested catches.  That should translate perfectly.  he just has the yips in the end zone or something.

I've only seen two Atlanta games this year so I'm not going to comment like I'm some film watching expert, however I've yet to see a catchable target in the RZ for him to even have the yips on. 

I just saw the guy has 3 freaking targets this year. Lol and it's Julio's fault. Laughable. That's why the Falcons are 1-5 folks. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've only seen two Atlanta games this year so I'm not going to comment like I'm some film watching expert, however I've yet to see a catchable target in the RZ for him to even have the yips on. 

I just saw the guy has 3 freaking targets this year. Lol and it's Julio's fault. Laughable. That's why the Falcons are 1-5 folks. 

They have to be one of the best RZ teams right now.  Yeah 4th at 70%.

Falcons have no issue scoring points... their injured D is the entire reason they are 1-5.

The yips thing was the playoffs last year vs Philly and his regular season last year.  He's mostly used as a decoy, but still some teams give him the true double team now and again.

Edited by skibrett15

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

They have to be one of the best RZ teams right now.  Yeah 4th at 70%.

Falcons have no issue scoring points... their injured D is the entire reason they are 1-5.

The yips thing was the playoffs last year vs Philly and his regular season last year.  He's mostly used as a decoy, but still some teams give him the true double team now and again.

ATL is 2-4.   Not that it really matters in the discussion of Julio Jones and redzone TD production.