This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

In the AFC I can only hope for Chargers with Bosa ;) So sick of both New England and Pitt for the AFC. 

Teams are more afraid of the Chargers in the AFC playoffs than the Chiefs.  They actually have a defense to go with an offense.  If Bosa comes on strong towards the end... The only thing holding the Chargers back in the playoffs is a lack of playoff experience.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

In the AFC I can only hope for Chargers with Bosa ;) So sick of both New England and Pitt for the AFC. 

Teams are more afraid of the Chargers in the AFC playoffs than the Chiefs.  They actually have a defense to go with an offense.  If Bosa comes on strong towards the end... The only thing holding the Chargers back in the playoffs is a lack of playoff experience.

No they are not lmao

Just now, JBURGE said:

No they are not lmao

I really hate the use of LMAO when it isn't even something worth laughing anything off. 

The Chargers are allowing 6 less points a game while scoring ten less points per game.  That was without Bosa.  When it comes to the playoffs, the better defense is always scarier than the better offense.  This has been true throughout NFL history. 

It's why Manning lost so many playoff games and why Brady won so many.  Better defense is always greater than better offense once the playoffs come around.  The only exception is when the better defense has a crap QB like Ossweiler.  The Chargers do not have a crap QB. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
31 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

No they are not lmao

I really hate the use of LMAO when it isn't even something worth laughing anything off. 

The Chargers are allowing 6 less points a game while scoring ten less points per game.  That was without Bosa.  When it comes to the playoffs, the better defense is always scarier than the better offense.  This has been true throughout NFL history. 

It's why Manning lost so many playoff games and why Brady won so many.  Better defense is always greater than better offense once the playoffs come around.  The only exception is when the better defense has a crap QB like Ossweiler.  The Chargers do not have a crap QB. 

I use lmao when appropriate. 

The NFL is evolving. Many of the best defenses in the league (Chicago, Buffalo, Jax, Baltimore, Broncos, Chargers, Cowboys, Minnesota) are going to miss the playoffs altogether, and while that is normal, I am way less scared of Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas etc than the Saints. To be fair the Saints have a good defense as well, but I am more scared of their HFA and offense.

You seriously think that teams are more scared of The Chargers than the Chiefs? Since you have added twice now "without Bosa" you can add "without Eric Berry" for the Chiefs too, who is by far their best player on defense. 

Edit: Not to mention the Chargers just lost Liuget and Perryman for the year.

Edited by JBURGE

Just now, JBURGE said:

The NFL is evolving. Many of the best defenses in the league (Chicago, Buffalo, Jax, Baltimore, Broncos, Chargers, Cowboys, Minnesota) are going to miss the playoffs altogether, and while that is normal, I am way less scared of Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas etc than the Saints. To be fair the Saints have a good defense as well, but I am more scared of their HFA and offense.

You seriously think that teams are more scared of The Chargers than the Chiefs? Since you have added twice now "without Bosa" you can add "without Eric Berry" for the Chiefs too, who is by far their best player on defense. 

Your use of LMAO is equivalent to the use of "like" by the average high school girl. 

It's balance.  The most balanced team almost always wins the Super Bowl.  The Chargers are more balanced than the Chiefs with a more experienced QB. 

The best team in the NFL right now is not the Chiefs, not the Rams, but the Saints.  They have the best balance.  Middle of the road defense, top 3 offense. 

The difference between Berry and Bosa is that Bosa is coming back, Berry probably isn't and Bosa is supremely more important considering positional value. 

Don't know why you can't see that a team with a top 10 defense without their best pass rusher isn't one of the scariest teams in the league once they add that pass rusher, who is a top 3 pass rusher in the league. 

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The Chargers offense is much better than any of those teams you named. The only teams that are even close are Chicago and Minnesota. I'm not saying they will beat the Chiefs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They're a legit SB contender.

Edited by Lodestar

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Chargers are the 3rd best team in the AFC. Not saying they aren't threats. But ridiculous to say they are ahead of the Chiefs

I think they're third, too.  Just not behind the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are the exact type of team to get punched right in the mouth and not know how to respond other than stand there and bleed.  

That always happens to those offenses.  As soon as the stakes get real, they fold.  Happens all the time.