This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I watched a lot of that Lion game versus Atlanta.

Lions are for real.  I doubt that we beat them at their place.  

Same holds true for Minnesota.

I wonder how good Detroit and Minnesota would be if they had 7 starters out and have to start practice squad tackles this coming week.

26 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wonder how good Detroit and Minnesota would be if they had 7 starters out and have to start practice squad tackles this coming week.

FWIW I doubt we really have to start a PS OT just yet. I'm holding out hope.

Minnesota is down a starting QB which is a rough burden.

4 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Their third string QB had his best game ever. Now I know Tampa Bay was down 9 starters at some point, but still.

He played like crap the week before. It's still Case keenum. I'm not too worried if it's him long term.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Exhibit A: How to add OL depth. Lions have one guy banged up and their response isnt to grab a PS guy. They address the minor hole by signing a proven vet. We have 5 guys out and we STILL wont make a move like this. SMH. 

I don't know if you can call a <30 player who has only ever started due to injuries a proven vet but if he is sitting around at home in the midst of the NFL season , there is typically good reason. Just because he is a guy doesn't mean he's a guy we need.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I don't know if you can call a <30 player who has only ever started due to injuries a proven vet but if he is sitting around at home in the midst of the NFL season , there is typically good reason. Just because he is a guy doesn't mean he's a guy we need.

100% agreed. What has this guy "proven"? It's not like he was all that good when he played, and is sitting home as a FA for a reason,. Especially on the OL, I think you are better off with your PS guys who at least have the start of a feel for the guys around them and a better understanding of the blocking schemes and playbooks.

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

From what I saw, even at our full health both will have an edge over us at their place.  Those teams are for real.  Especially Detroit.  

Ashawn Robinson and Ngata in the middle are playing great football.  Their corners are making plays and Ansah off of the edge is very, very good.  Offensively, Stafford spreads the ball around and Jim Bob Cooter is creating great game plans.  They are getting a lot out of their talent due to some really good coaching.

I haven't seen enough of the Vikings yet.  But I know that Cook is for real.  Diggs is a stud and that defense is still elite.  

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Exhibit A: How to add OL depth. Lions have one guy banged up and their response isnt to grab a PS guy. They address the minor hole by signing a proven vet. We have 5 guys out and we STILL wont make a move like this. SMH. 

We're signing a guy off a PS according to yesterday's reports. A 310 pound guy with a lower 3 cone than Geronimo Allison or Kentrell Brice.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're signing a guy off a PS according to yesterday's reports. A 310 pound guy with a lower 3 cone than Geronimo Allison or Kentrell Brice.

Holy crap for real? Nuts. I saw he's been around for a while but looked like from wiki missed a couple seasons with injuries while on taxi squad. He's kinda interesting. Who knows.

35 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

shameful display.

Its ok to have those thoughts in private ( not really) but posting them here is just impolite....

LOL.  Detroit gives us fits.  From what I see, they are going to give lots of teams fits.

Who would have thought that a coach named Jim Bob Cooter would make that much of a difference.  Losing Megatron should have been the final straw to collapse that offense.  Instead they've gotten better.