This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

They very likely knew Kirk was gone, and once they knew that, it was time to make some other moves.

Well then you'd think they would embrace a rebuild? Not sure how much sense it makes giving out a huge contract like that for a team likely to not be anywhere near contention.

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Well then you'd think they would embrace a rebuild? Not sure how much sense it makes giving out a huge contract like that for a team likely to not be anywhere near contention.

Kwesi is a pretty bad GM, I think 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have to believe CHI, WAS and NE are all going QB with the top 3 picks.  MIN is at #11.  If another team swoops in for McCarthy, would MIN pull the trigger on Pennix or NIX at 11?

I sure hope not. Who is swooping in though? Denver? LV?

22 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Just thought Minny should get their QB situation figured out before committing any real money elsewhere in FA...

That's what I said, but the longer this went on the more it felt like Cousins was gone. 

It really sucks his last play for us was him tearing his Achilles against you guys. He was lights out in that game too and it looked like we were going to turn our season around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Is 4Y/76M a huge deal for a pas rusher entering their prime years?  With the cap spiking, I'm not sure that it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

One of the funny things about the Falcons signing Kirko is that the market for Justin Fields is now basically nonexistant.  The Vikings need a QB, but the Bears aren't going to trade him in the division, the Falcons are clearly out on Fields, so who's left?  The Broncos can't afford him, the Steelers are signing Russ.  Maybe the Raiders will get him cheap?

Patriots maybe if they want MHJ. Doubtful tho. 

23 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Stopgap + rookie

I want Flacco and McCarthy 

Yeah, I figured McCarthy.  Seems like Ponder all over again.  For where you would take him, it'll be a reach.  But I'd say that about McCarthy, Pennix and Nix at this point in time.

Just seems like the music stopped playing and Minnesota is left without a QB.

In your opinion, what does this do to Jefferson?  He going to want even more money to stay, or is he on the move?

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

Patriots maybe if they want MHJ. Doubtful tho. 

It just feels like the NFL has correctly evaluated Justin Fields- good kid, nice tools, is slow to see it and won't rip it if he's not sure.  He's basically Marcus Mariota- great college player who struggles against NFL defense for reasons of timidity.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Stopgap + rookie

I want Flacco and McCarthy 

I would almost do what the Bears have done the last two years.  Sign your core young players, and eat any and all bad cap money right now, then come out of it with very good draft capital, a young team, and a bajillion free agency dollars.  Packers are going to have to start paying good players pretty soon.  Bears have a lot of holes, and who knows what will happen with their 3rd lotto pick QB in the last 5 years (or whatever it is).  And eventually the Lions are not going to follow the rah rah of the coach and take a step back, like all motivational speaker coach types do.  The timing of Cousins' injury put the Vikings in a no-man's land as far as this draft goes.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It just feels like the NFL has correctly evaluated Justin Fields- good kid, nice tools, is slow to see it and won't rip it if he's not sure.  He's basically Marcus Mariota- great college player who struggles against NFL defense for reasons of timidity.

Do you think that these guys would be better if they just had some Rex Grossman to them and let it rip?  Maybe like a Sherman coached Favre? Either throw 4 TDs or 4INTs, but it will be fun to watch.

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, I figured McCarthy.  Seems like Ponder all over again.  For where you would take him, it'll be a reach.  But I'd say that about McCarthy, Pennix and Nix at this point in time.

Just seems like the music stopped playing and Minnesota is left without a QB.

In your opinion, what does this do to Jefferson?  He going to want even more money to stay, or is he on the move?

He's not leaving. Need to get him a QB though. It's that simple.

47 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Kwesi is a pretty bad GM, I think 

I’m not the biggest Kirk Cousins fan, but idk how you 

will have to pay a record contract to Jefferson

Invest a 2 for Hockenson And a 1st for Addison just to let Cousins go.

It doesn’t make sense