This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

I don't know what the Bears are doing at this point. 100M in cap space and they're signing lower tier FA. 

They could've outbid us for Mckinney instead they signed at 32 YO safety that Philly didn't want. The guy they did outbid us for is a cheap fringe NFL safety in Owen's.

They could've had D Hunter to pair with Sweat, instead they're interested in OLB D.J. Wonnum his backup. They could've had Barkley who would've stayed healthy because of the depth Chicago has at RB and the biggest playmaker in that backfield.

Instead they got a guy Detroit got rid of and a player Philly didn't retain after investing a draft pick to get him. Instead they felt the need to upgraded with Barkley.

The only FA signing I like from Chicago is the TE Everett. He and Kmet will make a good TE tandem. 

All I can say is keep Cooking Poles!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

I don't know what the Bears are doing at this point. 100M in cap space and they're signing lower tier FA. 

They could've outbid us for Mckinney instead they signed at 32 YO safety that Philly didn't want. The guy they did outbid us for is a cheap fringe NFL safety in Owen's.

They could've had D Hunter to pair with Sweat, instead they're interested in OLB D.J. Wonnum his backup. They could've had Barkley who would've stayed healthy because of the depth Chicago has at RB and the biggest playmaker in that backfield.

Instead they got a guy Detroit got rid of and a player Philly didn't retain after investing a draft pick to get him. Instead they felt the need to upgraded with Barkley.

The only FA signing I like from Chicago is the TE Everett. He and Kmet will make a good TE tandem. 

All I can say is keep Cooking Poles!

I wonder if he isn't hamstrung by ownership.

There is a cap for everyone, but not everyone has same budget.  Cap can be gamed so you can outspend others.   You are supposed to spend like 90% of cap every 3 years or so, but that doesn't seem to equalize actual spending.   

I saw some graph other day that we waaaayyyyyy below actual spending that top team in last three years which they had as Browns.

We were dead last in league by 100s of millions.

Bears are worth a ton, but they need income from Bears alone to support entire extended family in a lavish lifestyle.  They don't have other stuff really.

They also need to save their pennies to figure out what they are doing with stadium. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I wonder if he isn't hamstrung by ownership.

There is a cap for everyone, but not everyone has same budget.  Cap can be gamed so you can outspend others.   You are supposed to spend like 90% of cap every 3 years or so, but that doesn't seem to equalize actual spending.   

I saw some graph other day that we waaaayyyyyy below actual spending that top team in last three years which they had as Browns.

We were dead last in league by 100s of millions.

Bears are worth a ton, but they need income from Bears alone to support entire extended family in a lavish lifestyle.  They don't have other stuff really.

They also need to save their pennies to figure out what they are doing with stadium. 

I am sure that there will be some kind of new tax in Illinois so that I will end up paying for yet another NFL team that I don't like...

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am sure that there will be some kind of new tax in Illinois so that I will end up paying for yet another NFL team that I don't like...

Are you saying IL doesn't spend tax payer money wisely?

Crazy talk.  Next you will tell me Fed Gov doesn't.  

On a side note.  I started my own business and last year was my first full year.  Just finished doing my taxes.

I totally understand the American Revolutionary war now. 

Whole different feeling having to find money for a big check than when I am getting money back this time of year like most of my life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

On a side note.  I started my own business and last year was my first full year.  Just finished doing my taxes.

Whole different feeling having to find money for a big check than when I am getting money back this time of year like most of my life.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I just know that I pay income tax, and do most of my grocery shopping in IL. And since I live in St Louis, I also have to file in MO.  But since I am a pretentious posh idiot, I also live IN St Louis, so I have a city earnings tax.  I believe that some of that money is still going to the TWA dome, or whatever it is called now.  Though, if we are being honest, spending some of my money on a new Bears stadium is probably a better use of my tax money than some of the stuff Illinois does with it.  😁

Congrats on the business.  I am assuming also in Illinois?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just know that I pay income tax, and do most of my grocery shopping in IL. And since I live in St Louis, I also have to file in MO.  But since I am a pretentious posh idiot, I also live IN St Louis, so I have a city earnings tax.  I believe that some of that money is still going to the TWA dome, or whatever it is called now.  Though, if we are being honest, spending some of my money on a new Bears stadium is probably a better use of my tax money than some of the stuff Illinois does with it.  😁

Yes.  

Edited by dll2000

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You mean you work in Illinois but you live in St. Louis?